A lot of you asked us to list down some small scale business ideas in India.
And thus, we listed down these awesome 300+ small scale business ideas in India, just for you.
We recently also conducted a survey among entrepreneurs to know if the Indian market is suitable for starting a small business.
And here are the results we got:
Our survey results have clearly shown that the Indian market is highly preferable for starting a small business. Thus, we have curated some of the best business ideas and startup strategies for you.
All you have to do is put in the effort to make them happen, and you’ll be well on your way to success.
The business ideas are broken down into several categories, as shown below.Arts and Crafts Business Services Childcare Business Apparel Business Computer and Internet Related Business Ideas Educational Business Ideas Event Management and Entertainment Food and Beverages Business Ideas Home Products and Services Healthcare Business Ideas Media Publishing Business Ideas Maintenance Business Ideas Real Estate Business Ideas Health and Lifestyle Business Ideas Gardening Business Ideas Retail Business Ideas Tourism Business Ideas Writing Business Ideas Other Exciting Business Ideas
Arts and Crafts Small Scale Business Ideas in IndiaHere are the small scale Arts and Crafts business ideas that you could start in India.
Art Supplies Store
Traditional art reflects India’s unique principles, faith, and norms, so it is of special value within local communities. India is one of the leading providers and suppliers of artisanal products in the world and it goes without saying, therefore, that an art supplies store will be a profitable small scale business idea in India.
- You can start a small scale store and expand it into small outlets to tap into the market in the city suburbs.
Indian art is a popular decorative element. Yet, thousands of artists have works that they are unable to sell or do not have the means to sell them.
Setting up an art auction business will enable you to capitalize on this need and profit from it.
- Visit art schools in India and market your services to artists who want to sell their works. Once you have a few hundred works of art committed, you can hold the first auction or sale.
Art and Crafts Training
Painting, printmaking, knitting, sculpture and carpentry are highly sought-after skills that people are willing to pay good money to learn.
Why not establish an arts and crafts training center as a business offering training to these people?
- Market your classes through arts and crafts exhibitions, place advertisements in the media, publish notices on neighbourhood bulletin boards, and interact with art entrepreneurs.
Picture Framing Business
If you have the necessary craftsmanship and talents, the picture frame business is a terrific way to make money without having any professional certification.
Art students, professional painters, photographers, art galleries, seek the highest quality photo frame service to showcase their works, and you can capitalize on this demand.
- Work with galleries, artists, photographers, and professional painters to showcase their work.
Art galleries are, without a doubt, a good business idea.
Of course, a passion for art and a creative interest in artists are important prerequisites for owning an art gallery.
- Collaborate with an established hotel and rent one of their rooms for your first few events before investing in your own space. You’ll also need a name for your art gallery, as well as a business structure that works for your venture.
Art Painting business
Art and craft businesses can benefit from the demand for handmade goods. If you can create something unique that isn’t widely available, people will likely jump at the chance to get their hands on it.
- Paint original works of art and sell them because there is a market for good art, such as landscapes, abstracts and decorative art.
Another business idea that you may start small with minimal capital and small staff utilizing a limited quantity of painting supplies is a painting studio.
- Set high standards, learn to read your clients, and use technology to market your business.
If you are handy with tools and have a creative flair, you can establish an announcement business service targeting people that want to spread awareness about their special occasions such as graduation ceremonies, occasional parties and religious occasions.
- Roll out your business by purchasing either predesigned or constructed special occasion cutouts.
Book repairs and Binding
You may restore antique books from the comfort of your own home and bind books in small numbers. Books can be useful in terms of finding valuable collectors’ books, performing repairs and reselling them for a profit.
- Establish a working relationship with local secondhand sellers and book collecting clubs, to hook a steady stream of work.
Used Books store
Old books in good condition are still frequently read, and many people are willing to buy old books because they are less expensive.
You can either start a physical or online old book store.
- Opening an online secondhand book store is substantially less expensive. Inventory is their primary initial cost, which may be tailored to your budget. You can either invest in purchasing old books or you can start by selling old books from your personal library.
Candle making Business
The popularity and demand for candles remains very high in India, especially during the festive seasons.
Small scale candle making presents a huge business potential.
- Research your market, and buy the necessary tools. Add scent, color, and creative features to boost consumer demand for your candles.
Dried Flowers Supplier
Cultivate, process, and sell dried flowers and enjoy the benefits of self-employment, economic independence, and autonomy.
You can establish the dry flowers business from the comfort of your own home utilizing you own garden for your supply.
- Conduct thorough market research to understand the size of the market, your competitors, innovative marketing ideas and future potential of your business.
Handmade jewelry that is unique and imaginative is on high demand.
- Create your own website and increase the visibility of your products on social media will boost your sales.
Every day, millions of print publications, media firms, NGOs and government agencies, need photos to use on their websites, newsletters, magazines and presentations.
And you could also start with this small scale business ideas in India.
- Upload your photos to stock photography sites so customers can explore your collection. You will be paid either a one-time charge or royalty fee each time your image is downloaded.
Small Scale Business Service Ideas in IndiaHere are the small scale business service ideas that you could start.
While an accounting background is required, accounting is one of the lucrative small scale business ideas in India.
As a freelance accountant, you can assist businesses with income statements and other financial reports.
- Find work through remote job board sites and market your services through accounting associations to attract clients.
Business Consultancy Firm
Exploit your areas of specialization and offer consultancy services in tax and advisory services, digital communications, Public Relations, financial services and Information technology.
- Before you go ahead and start your own business consultancy firm, learn about the consulting experiences and methods.
Business plan writing service
If you can write successful business plans, then this could be your small scale business idea.
- The costs of launching a business plan writing business are relatively low. All you need is a computer, internet access, a website, and working space.
Career Coaching Business
The goal of a career coaching business is to assist people in developing themselves and achieving their objectives. If this is something you’re good at, congratulations!
You are on the path of starting a fantastic career coach business.
- Get and up running by identifying a profitable career niche, reach out to people you know to serve as your referees and decide on how much you would like to charge.
Community Delivery Service
Small retailers like restaurants, dry cleaners, liquor stores, grocery stores, and pharmacies, require people to handle their pick-up and delivery services.
Setting up a community delivery service is a good small scale business idea.
- Start off by striking deals with wholesale and retail business outlets that dispatch goods to their customers.
Commercial Cleaning Business
Operating your office or business in a filthy space, is one sure way of losing your customers.
If you enjoy making the office world sparkle and aren’t frightened of mopping the floors and climbing the heights to clean out the dust, you are headed to a solid business.
- Set yourself apart from other cleaning service providers, by going green and design leaflets and business cards, to promote your business.
Cloud Kitchens is a new business model for online meal delivery services.
The service uses cloud kitchens to deliver meals to customers’ homes and offices.
This is a booming market and it is one of the best small scale business ideas in India to get started.
- The average investment needed to set up a Cloud Kitchen in India would be approximately 5-10 lakhs of rupees.
A business that helps you run errands for people with busy lifestyles can be very lucrative.
Specialize in picking up kids from school, buying groceries, picking up mail from the post office and dropping and picking up laundry at the dry cleaners.
- You can start this small scale business idea using your smart phone and a small vehicle.
Luggage Storage Services
A luggage storage service is the best business solution for travelers checking out of hotels.
This is one of the excellent small scale business ideas in India that you can operate from the comfort of your home, with minimal startup costs.
- Rent or lease space alternatively you can convert an unused room in your home.
- Fix the luggage racks and procure insurance for the luggage storage.
Expert Witness for Hire Service
You can start an expert witness for hire business if you have a legal background.
You would charge clients a commission depending on the amount of money earned for providing an expert testimony.
- Set up meetings with lawyers to pitch your service and find out what type of experts they need to testify in court.
Flea Market Organizer
Flea markets are popular in India.
Organize and manage your own flea markets to cash in on the popularity.
- Start by renting commercial space in a high-traffic area that can be partitioned into smaller vendor booths.
Flier distribution business services
Hundreds of businesses still rely on promotional fliers as a low-cost, high-impact marketing tool.
A flier delivery service is one of the simple small scale business ideas in India to establish, and has the potential to earn you a substantial annual profit.
- A mobile phone, raincoat, and walking shoes are all you need to start a flier delivery business service. Consider hiring the services of students on vacation to distribute the fliers.
Inventory Recording Service
Some businesses in India still conduct inventories on either a semiannual or annual basis.
This information presents an excellent opportunity to make money by creating an inventory recording business.
- You need to be accurate in recording and you may also need to add a unique service conducting inventories for businesses at night to avoid disrupting business flows.
Package Design Business
Product packaging is as important as the quality of the product itself.
Manufacturers increasingly hire a professional package designers to support the branding of their businesses.
You too can start a packaging design service to cash in on this trend.
- Start by contacting a small producer and offer to design packaging for their product. Ask for feedback to guide your next deal.
Resale is a booming business, whether it’s done online or in a physical store. You can sell everything from furnishings to clothing and electronic gadgets.
- Consider selling both new and resale merchandise, just like Amazon lists both new and used books side by side on their website.
Site signs Installation Services
Company site signs target construction, remodeling, and home service companies who mostly require signs, banners or bill boards.
- You’ll need a set of tools like computer and software, vector graphics and sign plotters.
If you speak multiple languages, launching a translation service business could be one of the perfect small scale business ideas in India for you.
Consider setting up your business specializing in financial, medical and technology translations to meet a unique demand in your region.
- Start by offering languages in which you are proficient, and hire some other language experts on your team
Businesses and organizations need to write proposals in order to raise funds.
If you have extensive knowledge and expertise drafting business proposals, then this business idea fits you.
- You need to focus on detail, conduct extensive research and sharpen your skills to ensure that your proposals are flawless and attractive to your clients.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Childcare BusinessHere are the small scale business ideas in India for child care that you could start.
You don’t need to have babies of your own to start a babysitting business.
You just need to know how to care for children.
- It’s easier to stand out from the crowd by offering babysitting services to tourists, mothers on the move and on-call babysitting for on-the-go parents.
- You need to find your own niche and create your own brand.
Rent Baby stuff service
Start a creative childcare business providing baby furniture and other accessories.
Rent out baby accessories to parents either visiting or traveling with their babies across India.
- Learn about the type of equipment and accessories needed by parents travelling with their babies.
- Network with rental cars operating at the airport to help you promote your business to potential clients.
There is a high demand for children’s books, especially among young people.
Starting a children’s book business may be suitable for you if you enjoy writing, painting, or telling stories.
- Identify your niche and connect with publishers to get ideas on how much they would pay you to be published.
Kids Taxi Service
A kid’s taxi service could be the right business idea if you want to start a unique childcare business.
This is one of the small scale business ideas in India that would provide a safe drive for parents who don’t have time to drop their children off at swimming lessons.
- Learn everything you can about your market by researching competitors.
- Ensure you’re creating services parents want for their children.
- Lastly, promote your business to make sure it’s doing what they want it to do.
Got some skills in early childhood development?
Start a small school providing new parents group lessons about health, housekeeping, nutrition, and sleeping patterns.
- Advertise your services through fliers and community boards.
Another way to make money through childcare services is through starting an Au Pair service.
Au Pair service would involve picking up children from school, taking them for extracurricular activities, and supervising them until their parents’ are back home.
- All you need is a website showing your contact details and an email address.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Apparel BusinessHere are the small scale Apparel business ideas in India that you could start.
Design handbags from the convenience of your own home.
You may design and make handbags as a part-time business until you have enough orders to expand your business.
- Start by promoting your business through website and social media and position yourself as a one-stop shop for a diverse range of bag designs.
Mobile Day spa service
Start a mobile day spa service offering facials, massages, pedicures and manicures.
Generate revenue by charging customers for personal care goods, treatments, and services.
- Purchase your spa products in bulk and resell at a retail price.
Soap and lotion making
Start a soap and lotion making business mixing different scents and colors to create products that appeal to your clients.
- Promote your creations and sell them on Etsy, or through an online store.
Home Based Design
Take advantage of your sewing experience by starting a home-based tailoring business.
You can offer advice on fabric, colors and fittings.
- Promote your services on Facebook and also network with members of your community through a whatsapp group.
Maternity Clothing Designers
There are hundreds or even thousands of babies being born at any one time, which makes the maternity clothing a viable business.
If you’re passionate about this type of apparel small scale business ideas in India can turn into a lucrative business venture selling a variety of brands and styles.
- Buy exceptional fabrics and design high quality pregnancy clothing for every trimester.
Consider beginning your own lingerie business if you have a good eye for fashion.
- Study your market and your competitors, apply for an operating license, purchase your stock and market your business.
Formal Wear Rental business
A formal wear rental company buys high-end suits, gowns, and accessories and rents them out for special occasions like proms and weddings.
Does this sound like one of the small scale business ideas in India that you would prefer?
If yes, this is an excellent business for you because there will always be special occasions and people who want to look good.
- Follow current fashion and style trends and understand the tastes and preferences of your potential clients.
- Strive to offer a good service because a satisfied customer will refer another one and your business will gain from the word of mouth promotion.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Computer and Internet BusinessHere are the ideas for Computer and Internet Related businesses that you could start.
Dropshipping is a new way of doing e-commerce to earn some money. It has minimal barriers to entry and is a great way to enter the e-commerce industry. So it can be one of the most beneficial small scale business ideas in India that you could start.
- Find out how you can improve your chances of success by examining the market and competitors strengths and weaknesses.
Teach an online course
Selling digital content (through an online course) is one of the excellent small scale business ideas in India because it requires minimal monetary investment, and can be a continuos source of passive income after you’ve established a brand.
- This idea only works if you have great quality content. Its possible (even likely) that some one within your domain has already tried to sell an online course. Your content will need to rise above the competition.
Domain Name Trading
You may make money trading good domain names, because the market is guaranteed.
Learn everything there is to know about domain name prices and also figure out what kinds of domain names you can easily sell.
- Promote this business through digital marketing. Carry out Email outreach to corporations and organizations you think might be potential clients for specific domain names.
Website consultancy services
Small business owners often forget that information and services should provide value on their site.
In exchange for a fee, you can start a business offering give small business owners advice and guidance on the quality of their site.
- Start off by analyzing a potential client’s website and provide a report outlining how the report can be improved.
3D Printing Design Business
3D printing may not be the easiest business idea on this list, but it’s possible to make money if you have the interest.
You can generate revenue by providing the expertise, hiring out the equipment or by selling 3D printers and their accessories.
- A 3D printing business can be set up in your home. The startup costs for a 3D printer business are quite low. You don’t need to pay rent and salary.
Social Media Business
Do you enjoy hanging out on social media channels and posting content on social media sites like Facebook, snap chat, Instagram and Twitter?
If yes, here is a business idea for you.
Start your business providing social media support for businesses and organizations helping them to manage their own social media channels.
But it is one of the most common small scale business ideas in India. So do look out for the competition.
- Begin by managing a friend’s company social media channels and get recommendations.
Web design and development
With 624.0 million internet users in India, web design and development is one of the most lucrative industries you can dive into.
Start by designing and developing basic websites for small enterprises.
- Consider charging a monthly retainer for website maintenance or reselling hosting services to build an ongoing cash stream for this firm.
Digital marketing services are in high demand, with organizations looking to hire digital marketing services for their businesses.
If you’re good at social media, SEO, web development and content marketing, this could be one of the most beneficial small scale business ideas in India for you.
- Promote your services through professional businesses and organizations.
If you’re seeking for a high-potential web business, a membership website could be it.
You must persuade people that you are the authority on which they should rely.
- The best way to do this is to develop a membership site.
Software development business
Many organizations can no longer function without software.
The trend makes software development, distribution and maintenance a viable business idea.
- Start small by paying for website hosting and data storage, customized programs copyright fees and contract workers or additional personnel.
Do you want a low startup cost business? Start a business developing apps.
If you have a computer and are willing to invest the time required to master a programming language, you have lucrative deals at your disposal developing apps for businesses.
- You can either start a freelance app developer and get hired by organizations.
Start a business that connects education with job opportunities in the US and India, by matching employers with vacant jobs.
Credit card fraud detector
Start a company that detects credit card fraud using artificial intelligence.
Flight management services
Start a business that helps travelers find the cheapest flights to your destination, set alerts for when prices drop, and handle tons of other travel-related tasks.
The startup is focused on helping travelers manage their itineraries and get the most out of their travel.
- Research the market to understand the business and how to get profits.
Computer Cleaning Services
Computer cleaning is a growing industry, thanks to the technological advancements.
The only pre-requisites for running a computer cleaning service are the necessary skills and a liability insurance coverage.
- Build relationships with commercial office cleaners. These relationships are the quickest and most efficient approach to start a computer cleaning service.
Computer Repair and Maintenance
You can start a mobile phone repair business from home. All you need is tools such as screwdrivers, and computer cleaning supplies.
- Master the skills of repairing and replacing hard drives, changing motherboards and adding memory chips.
Cyber security consultant
Start a business around resolving cyber security issues for other companies, if you have a strong understanding of cyber security.
Make sure that people know about you through a simple and navigable website.
- You could provide services such as threat analysis and evaluate the company’s existing status of information security.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Educational BusinessHere are the ideas for Educational businesses that you could start.
This can be a lucrative business idea if you create toys that meet the needs of learners in kindergarten and lower primary schools.
One advantage of this type of small scale business ideas in India is that it has a consistent customer base in schools, and parents who are keen on the health and mental development of their children.
- Find a good source of toys and advertise your business through schools and other educational institutions.
Homeschooling service is an excellent part time business if you have teaching experience.
A home schooling business is the perfect business to start as COVID-19 leaves many children confined at home leaving parents resorting to homeschooling.
- Market your business and hire a small team to support an increasing number of clients.
Training your hobby is a good business idea if you if you have experience in hobbies like cooking, crocheting, hiking, skating, carpentry or Karate.
- Focus on the subscription model, allowing customers to subscribe to learn about your hobbies.
Child Learning Center
If you are passionate about helping children learn, this could be a good business idea for you.
Identify a niche such as a child learning center for slow learners or kids on the street.
- Research the market and kick off this business as a part time gig as you promote your service through local community boards.
Are you looking for a business idea that will assist you generate an extra stream of revenue?
Start an audiobook business recording and publishing either your own works, or the works of other writers.
- Find a recording studio or rent space to create an audio studio. Get some good audio recording equipment and promote your business. Use the quietest part of your house as a recording studios.
Lesson Plans Supplier
You can sell your lesson plans all over the world if you are trained on international syllabi.
You can specialize in different subjects and provide additional educational materials.
- Take extra courses to understand the curriculum and share sample lesson plans with some teachers.
If you have specialized coaching skills, you can start an employee coaching business.
You can offer your coaching services online or in person.
- Find a topic to focus on, and advertise your services on social media platforms like LinkedIn.
Public speaking instruction business
Looking for another home based business idea?
You can start a business by creating an online course on public speaking for your friends and family.
Learn how to prepare your clients to either speak at special events or improve their communication skills.
- You can start your own business from the comfort of your own home.
- You can conduct workshops wherever your clients are, or at their homes.
- The best way to start a business is to find a local partner.
You can open this type of small scale business ideas in India if you have skills to offer to people who are illiterate and unemployed.
Some skills development centers provide training and a space for aspiring and established entrepreneurs to learn and flourish.
- Figure out a set of specific skills you would like to offer
- Acquire the necessary licenses needed to run the service and then advertise.
Financial Planning advisory services
You can make money as a financial planning advisor.
Most financial advisors specialize in risk management, education and tax planning, retirement planning and debt management.
- Identify your niche and promote it online with minimal costs.
Rare Education Books Dealer
Got some rare books that you love in your home library?
Turn these books into a business and start selling rare books on Amazon or eBay.
This business can be started online and you don’t need to invest a lot of effort getting off the ground.
- Research the business and find out what rare books do people want to read. Join the Rare book society of India and network with dealers like you.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Event Management and EntertainmentHere are the ideas for Event Management and Entertainment related businesses that you could start.
Balloon Bouquet Service
Create and deliver balloon arrangements for birthdays, weddings and anniversaries.
All you need to generate good revenue in this business is creativity and a sense of humor.
- Show your creative flare as well as design skills by putting together a range of balloon colors into an appealing package.
- You’ll also need to be a skilled marketer who can sell your unique bouquets to diverse group of customers.
Bouncing Castle Rentals
This is, without a doubt, one of the best part-time business options out there.
You can earn your money by delivering, setting up, and picking up the castles at the end of the occasion.
- You’ll need at least two bounce houses, a trailer and a dependable vehicle to deliver them.
Children Party Planning
A children party planning business is another excellent idea for creative entrepreneurs.
This type of small scale business ideas in India will need you to specialize in organizing theme children parties, decorating, preparing snacks and other delights as well as providing the costumes.
- Find potential clients by distributing pamphlets and advertising your business on social media.
Balloon Delivery service
A balloon delivery service is essentially a very easy business that can be started from home with very little capital.
- Procure a suitable and dependable truck to kick start your delivery service.
If you’re a highly organized, detail-oriented person who enjoys throwing and attending parties, you can start an event planning business.
Your option will be entirely determined by your abilities or experience.
- You can start by specializing in either birthday, wedding or corporate events planning and management.
Corporate Meeting Planner
As a corporate meeting planner, you’ll work long hours to ensure that corporate events and meetings are successful.
This entails sending out invitations, making follow-up calls, booking locations and speakers, organizing transportation, and disseminating plans.
- Talk to business managers, and convince them about the value of your service.
Entertainment booking agent
If you enjoy working with entertainers, starting your own entertainment booking agency allows you to assist actors, clowns, musicians, and magicians find work.
- Start by contacting your local theater group, or nightclubs to strike your first business deal.
Holiday and Event decoration
Holiday and event decoration can provide you a wide range of services, from the installation of Diwali lights to the decoration of banquet halls for wedding receptions.
- Develop working ties with wedding planners, event planners, and retailers to help you get useful referrals.
Linen Supply Service
A linen service provides tablecloths, towels, napkins, and, entry rugs to restaurants, catering businesses, event planners, hotels, and convention centers.
Clients typically rent products on a regular or irregular basis, and rental costs typically include delivery, collection, and maintenance.
- Start by creating a linen inventory, invest in cleaning facilities and good marketing skills.
If you are interested in starting a fashion business on a small budget, you can set up a profitable modeling agency.
The key to success is having good contacts and knowing how to entice those contacts to support your small scale business ideas in India.
- Liaise with fashion designers, photographers, and ad agencies, to find your first market for models.
If you know to play the top Indian music instruments such as the Sitar, flute, Shehnai and Tabla, you can start a business offering music classes.
- Conduct classes in groups, in your house, or in in rented space.
Start a tent rental business and be assured of a consistent source of income throughout the year.
Target wedding planners, caterers, sports teams and clubs to find clients for your business.
- Provide additional services like photography, videography, sound systems, and event management.
Wedding Planning business
Wedding planning can be an excellent source of revenue, if done right.
Lend your business skills to get referrals from brides and grooms to be. You’ll need to have a good budget.
- You need a good website to share your photography and event management portfolio.
Party planning services
Are you a creative and social person that loves some fun?
Start a party planning business if you are looking for a profitable business that you can operate as a side hustle.
- Find out about the rules and regulations of the trade and market your business to your community.
If you have unique life experiences in communication, business and travel, becoming a freelance seminar speaker could be a fantastic business idea for you.
- Create a résumé highlighting your experience and associated talents and distribute it to event planners, seminar organizations, and corporations to secure speaking engagements.
Trophies Supply and Engraving Business
The demand for trophies is growing, creating a trophy supply and engraving business could be the right business idea.
- Start by purchasing trophies from manufacturers and invest in the engraving tools.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Food and Beverages BusinessHere are the ideas for Food and Beverages related businesses that you could start.
Biryani is one of the most popular main course food that cuts across all age groups in India.
If you’re looking to establish a small scale food business, a biryani shop could be just the right business for you.
- Think about an app based Biryani business service where customers click the app to make orders.
Dal milling is a lucrative business in India.
If you’re looking for small scale business ideas in India specializing in milling essential food grains such as Chana, Green Moong, Masoor, Mung and Tur.
- Set up your business in a dal-producing area where raw dal is readily available, Dal mill’s overall profitability depends on a consistent supply of raw materials.
Meals on Wheels
Because indoor dining is currently limited in many areas due to covid-19, you may find greater success with a food truck business.
Start a food truck business delivering specialized food such as Biryani using a small investment.
- You can start by branding your vehicle with the meal on wheels logo, market your brand, receive online orders, prepare the meals and deliver them to your customers.
Organic Food stores
Organic food is becoming increasingly popular among health-conscious people.
You may open an organic food store specializing in selling organic foodstuffs. This is one of the highly publicised small scale business ideas in India.
- Advertise your organic food shop on a regular basis.
Spices Processing and Packaging
Spice processing and packaging is a profitable business because spices, both whole and powdered, are in high demand due to their health benefits.
- Start with a single product such as curry masala, or chicken masala and expand your business into a medium-scale operation.
Organic Food Business
This is why launching an organic food business is profitable.
- Create a brand for yourself and connect with a local farmers market if you want a steady supply of organic food for people on the Ketogenic diet.
Fresh Fruit Juice processing
Fresh fruit juice is a popular commodity in the beverage sector.
The demand for packaged fruit juices is fast expanding, making small scale fresh fruit juice businesses lucrative business ventures.
- Find a location and equipment for your business plan, and get the best price for your products. Learn how to start a fruit juice processing business.
Specialty food store
A specialty food store offers a variety of specialty foods such as Tandoori rice, Papdi Chaat and Naan.
Your business would targeting men and women who are keen to have more fun filled food experiences.
- Research the market and your competitors and promote this business through traditional and digital media.
Curve out a unique market niche and cash in on a growing trend by selling baked goodies that are a little healthier than what you’d get at a typical bakery.
- Start small and create a healthy alternative to traditional cakes and pastries. The most practical choice is to start with the local community and sell a variety of confectionaries.
Starting a wedding cake making and selling business is a wonderful part-time business opportunity.
- Form partnerships with wedding planners and catering firms. This means sharing the earnings.
You can make some money starting a cookies business.
Create your brand and introduce it into the supermarkets in your region..
- Identify your target market and identify community needs that aren’t being met by other bakers.
Smoothie cafes offer blended fruit smoothies, healthy meal bowls, and juices.
Start your business in a shopping mall or fitness center to provide healthy alternatives to a fast-food culture.
Your business is likely to appeal to healthy conscious consumers.
- Research the market and decide whether you want to concentrate on selling natural and healthy smoothies or sweet smoothies. Position your business in a busy area.
In 2020, the Indian chocolate market was valued at US$ 1.9 billion, making it one of the world’s fastest-growing chocolate markets.
The market is expected to increase rapidly between 2021 and 2026, according to IMARC Group. So, it makes sense to set up a chocolate making business.
- All you need is reliable thermometers, a cold table, and refrigerators and freezers for home chocolate making business.
A food kiosk may be a good food business idea if you want to venture into the food business.
You don’t have to invest in a truck or rent a premise.
- Set up pop-up booths in busy locations and advertise extensively.
Ice Cream Shop
An ice cream stand is also a great place to start a new business.
You can get started with a little investment and run the business inside shopping malls, beaches, food courts, and roadside storefronts.
- Make sure that the location is strategic and promote your business on the social media.
Kitchen Supplies store
Start a business helping restaurant owners, culinary institutes, and homeowners purchase cooking-related utensils.
Capitalize on those demands to establish your own business.
- Stock a diverse product line, specializing in either general kitchen ware and serving wares or kitchen appliances.
Online Grocery Store
Create a website where you may sell groceries such as rice, Atta, dal, coffee, tea and spices.
Start by offering the most common grocery goods, then increase your product selection as your business grows
- Create a website where you may sell groceries such as rice, Atta, dal, coffee, tea and spices.
Roadside Vegetable Stand
A vegetable stand is an excellent seasonal part-time business idea because the initial costs are low, the profit potential is high, and there is a large demand for fresh vegetables.
- Suitable sites to run the vegetable stand include parking lots, industrial parks, and major highways leading into and out of central business district.
Packaged Herbs and Spices
Startups can make money by buying herbs and spices in bulk, repackaging them into smaller quantities, and selling them through local stores
- Invest in unique packaging and ensure that the local stores are easily accessible by customers.
Personal Chef for Hire service
A personal chef for hire service could be a business opportunity for you.
You can turn your cooking skills into a small scale business by turning them into a restaurant or catering business.
- Cheap overhead costs, and flexible hours of operation are the obvious benefits of starting this type of business.
Pet handling services
Pet-sitting small scale business ideas in India could be started from home with little to no start-up capital.
You could clean out the litter boxes, feed the animals, and groom them as a pet handling service provider.
Pet supplies store
Are you looking for another pet related business that gives you no stress?
Try the pet supplies store.
You will get the benefits of providing all the supplies homeowners need to keep their pets happy and healthy.
- Find out what you can do if you want to start a pet washing business. Some stores sell only pet related foods and merchandise, but you could add a pet wash service to your store.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Home Products and ServicesHere are the ideas for Home Products and Services that you could start.
Antique Furniture Polishing
Start an antique furniture refinishing business from the comfort of your home.
Get your first clients by attending antique sales and auctions nearest to you.
- You can make money by buying antiques in bad condition, refinishing them, and then selling them for a profit.
- Generate additional revenue by purchasing antiques from vintage retailers that can refer your service to their clients.
Start with a single type of furniture, such as chairs, desks, tables, or beds and sell your products in your small shops.
- You should be able to run this business as a home business.
Apartment Rehabilitation Service
You can provide a service fixing and rehabilitating up an apartment for landlords looking for either new tenants or those who want to sell off the apartments.
- Deliver specialized cleaning services to attract customers.
Basement Remodeling Service
The goal of such small scale business ideas in India is to start a new company specializing in basement remodeling.
Success in this business is dependent on extensive construction knowledge and experience.
- Focus your business on a specific niche such as remodeling recreation spaces, or general basement.
- Profit potential for this business relies on a healthy client referrals.
Home based pizza
Home based pizzas are one of the good business ideas if you are looking for a low cost small scale business ideas in India.
You can either start out this business from your kitchen or rent a small space to fit your oven.
- Do your homework and make a solid plan to get this business off the ground.
Carpet and furniture cleaning
A carpet and furniture cleaning business can be a lucrative, repeat-customer-based, steady-income business for you.
You can learn how to clean carpets and upholstery or hire a small team of expert cleaners.
- Either learn how to clean carpets and upholstery or hire a small team of expert cleaners in order to start the business and attract clients.
Home Energy Auditor
A home energy audit is a fantastic approach to figure out where energy is lost and how to make a home more energy efficient.
You can establish a home energy auditing business to help others save money on electricity.
- Target retail, commercial, and industrial sectors.
- Specialize in energy conservation and cost reduction to assist your clients in lowering their power bills.
If you are a ‘very organized person’ then you can establish a professional organizing company.
- Start this business from home and post images of the places you have organized on your website.
Get your entrepreneurial career off the ground by investing in an Interior design business.
Interior designing is one of the most inventive small scale business ideas in India that concepts with a high demand.
- Your service should provide a range of decorative materials and furniture to attract repeat referrals. Create 3D models of your clients’ homes to make them more visually appealing.
Kitchen Cabinet Door Replacements
Kitchen cabinets are found in almost every building, and there is a constant demand for replacement.
New houses are being built all the time, while existing ones are being modified on a regular basis.
- Get into the business of supplying a door replacement service by investing in tools and equipment.
Handyman is a good business idea if you are the master of fixing things.
If you don’t have all the skills, don’t hesitate to hire the expertise.
- Evaluate the set of skills you have and decide your area of specialization. If you don’t have all the skills, don’t hesitate to hire the expertise.
Home Inspection Services
Use your construction and architectural skills to set up a business providing home inspection services to new homeowners.
The home inspection service allows you to identify flaws and give advice how to remedy them before the construction process progresses.
- Investigate what others are doing in this business before you start your own.
Home care service providers
A background in healthcare and love for elderly persons, can drive you to a successful home care service targeting the elderly persons.
Your business could offer services such as transporting, these persons.
- Research the market, check out the competition and strive to disrupt the existing business models through offering a unique service.
Rubbish clearance business
You can open up a rubbish removal business from your home and work your regular job.
Do all of the work on the weekends and do it from home, if necessary.
- Make extra money by categorizing the garbage you collect into products that can be resold or recycled.
Solar Energy Consultant
Do you have an idea of what the Indian solar market can offer consumers?
Do you often advise others on what type of green energy solutions they can use for their home or business?
Turn your knowledge and skills into a business opportunity.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with architects and construction businesses and strive to offer solutions based on what your clients can afford.
Swimming Pool Maintenance
You can provide a complete pool maintenance, and cleaning service to individuals, hotels, corporations, and retail establishments.
- You’ll save your customers time and money if you can meet all of their pool needs.
- Your service package can include pool fencing, pool painting, pavement, plumbing, and wire repairs.
Start a business helping people to get rid of clutter and transform their surroundings into fashionable, stress-free environments.
- Offer everything from decluttering, to storage facility cleanups, wardrobe organization and home relocation.
Personal style Consultancy services
Start a business providing image consultancy services to both men and women who want to improve their appearance.
Research your potential clients and determine their preferences in terms of color, designs and styles that suit them.
- You must have a good sense of style in order to excel in this type of business.
Home Décor Business
If you have a passion for home décor, this could be one of the perfect small scale business ideas in India for you.
There are consumers who require assistance in designing the ideal home, furnish their house and gardens.
- Provide experienced guidance and solutions to help you maximize the value of your service and strive to complete every project on schedule and on budget.
Target women for your knitting lessons and make some money from your knitting skills.
- Create a portfolio and promote your service through the social media channels.
- You may offer online classes as well.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Health Care BusinessHere are the ideas for Healthcare Businesses that you could start.
Self-service Health club
You can set up a self-service health club providing specific workout programs such as Yoga.
- Promote your business through social media channels and get members to sign up for membership.
Massage Therapy Business
You don’t require a PHD qualification to start massage therapy business.
But you need the necessary licence to operate this type of business.
- Find a suitable facility to rent and buy high-quality tables and other items.
Professional meditation services
The professional meditation business requires a high level of concentration.
Here is one of the ultimate small scale business ideas in India for people who want to incorporate meditation into their daily practice.
- Start your business in a modest place that doesn’t require a lot of things to get started to save money.
Mobile medical app developer
Turn your strong understanding of the healthcare industry into a lucrative business opportunity by developing medical apps improve user health.
You can develop health monitoring and tracking apps, sleep apps among others.
- You should start with apps that already have a need so you can build revenue before delving into trend setting ideas.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Media Publishing BusinessHere are the ideas for Media Publishing Businesses that you could start.
Audio and Visual Editor
Start an audio and visual editing company if you know your way around editing software.
Business brands and social media influencers are always willing to pay for a perfect a high-quality episode or clip.
- Pitch your services to brands you want to work with, and look for job postings on sites like Upwork.
Start to write, publish and distribute your own community newsletter. You can run a newspaper at a low cost by printing your own copy of the local paper.
- Get access to a computer, printer and reliable transportation to deliver the paper. Connect to local merchants for adverts to support your costs.
Community Entertainment Directory
A monthly entertainment guide can generate a lot of money from a low initial investment of less than $5,000.
Local traders can help support the business by purchasing display advertising space in the entertainment guide.
- Promote this business through your local stores and community centers.
Starting a company that designs, produces, and distributes newsletters for business clients is a fantastic business idea.
- Contact potential clients and make sure you have timely deliveries.
A social media content strategist supports companies to capture the attention of their target audience on social media.
- Here’s an example of a content strategist company to learn more about the market before you start your own www.socialmediacontentstrategies.com
Digital Printing Service
With more businesses, government institutions and organizations adopting digital technologies, starting a digital printing service is an excellent business idea.
- A strong desktop computer, design software and a high-quality digital printer is what you need to get your business up and running.
Public Relations Agency
Can you attract the media to accept your clients’ viewpoint?
Public relations is a good business idea if you have the knack to get the media to write stories that will positively impact your client.
- Make an effort to attract clients who share your background, and specializations. If you have a background in agriculture sector, for example, it makes sense to specialize in that field.
Do you want to run a food business?
Share your experiences of eating food and getting paid for it through either blogging or vlogging.
- You need a little more than a computer, internet connection and a smartphone to get started. The startup costs for a food influencer business are very low
- Freelance Copy writing
With about 15 million freelancers, India is ranked the second fastest growing freelance market in the world.
Use your writing skills and expertise to aid the expansion of your business start-ups.
- All you need is internet connectivity and the motivation to start writing and share samples of your work with potential clients.
Social Media Copy Writer
Do you have a knack for using social media? You may market your abilities as a social media copywriter.
Start by providing engaging social media updates, eye-catching graphics, headlines, and hashtags as well as posts that encourage retweets and sharing.
- You should research what your competitors are offering and decide how you can improve them.
India is making strides toward digitalization and as new websites are launched, the demand for graphic designers is going up.
It is obvious by now that the market desperately needs graphic designers.
- Pitch your design skills and creative work to individuals and small business to get noticed and hired
How to Books
Start a business that educates people how to write ‘how-to books’ and create relevant content.
Schedule either weekend or evening classes.
- Strive to provide relevant content on writing styles, research techniques, publishers and deadlines management.
Jingle composing service
Digital media productions have fueled a rise in jingle writing businesses.
If you have a knack for coming up with memorable tunes and rhymes, this is a business opportunity worth exploring.
- Contact Radio producers, and advertising agencies for a jingle composing service.
Start a business assisting writers to sell their work to work to publishers.
Running a literary agency gives you opportunities to represent clients who want to adapt their literary works to TV and film productions.
- You may either decide to charge a 10% commission for every work that is marketed to a publisher or charge a reading fee for manuscripts.
Niche Greeting Cards
Niche greetings cards is the ideal business idea for you if you enjoy designing and sending customized cards for every occasion.
Start by purchasing blank cards in bulk, imprint the messages and then roll them out into a commercial printer depending on the size of the orders.
- You’ll need a sense of humor, creativity, and, on the other hand, solid organizational and time-management abilities for this business to flourish.
Another profitable business you can start working from home is resume writing.
Support your clients in turning their work experience, talents, and abilities into outstanding resumes that land them interviews.
- Make sure your CV contains keywords that are relevant and search engine friendly.
Turn your subject expertise into a small business.
The online tutoring service market is fast expanding and you can create online tutoring service on any topic.
- If you want to teach online there is a market for online tutoring. Sites like Tutor.com can help you find online clients and make money from it. Choose a topic you are passionate about and are eager to teach.
You don’t need to be a gifted writer to start your own online business.
You just need internet access and the ability to research, compile documents, and answer technical questions about complex technical questions.
- Get access to internet, and relevant documents.
If you’re skilled or creative, you may start coursework consulting business from the comfort of your own home.
This business ideas is comparatively simple and inexpensive.
- Create a niche for yourself and market your service.
Press Release Distribution Service
Business services sector accounted for around 408 thousand new registered companies in India as of October 2020.
Most of these businesses use press release distribution services to get their press releases in front of the relevant people.
If you can write attractive elevator pitches, then a press release service is the right business idea.
- For a price, you can increase the visibility of new businesses by sending your press release to local, national, regional and international media organizations.
If you have a keen eye for detail, starting a business as a proofreader could be the right fit for you.
The benefits? You can work on a diverse range of written projects such as brochures, research reports, flyers, annual reports and fact sheets.
- Coordinate with graphic designers, public relations firms, and printers to source your clients.
The demand for content creation from large corporations, mid-sized media businesses, bloggers, and websites is increasing.
If you are a good writer, you might want to consider this as one of the finest businesses to start.
- Problogger and BloggingPro are two of the best places to start a blog business if you want to get your first customers in the game.
Virtual assistant (VA)
A virtual assistant can help almost any online business to start at home.
As a virtual assistant you will assist people with scheduling social media posts, data entry, research, managing their email accounts, and clients. .
- You’ll need a specialty as well as creating a website to market your services.
Audio Transcription Services
Transcription is a simple internet business idea that doesn’t require prior expertise or experience.
You can transcribe audio interviews for reporters, generate captions for TV shows and movies, or generate transcribed versions of podcasts.
- Start small and allow your business to gather crucial expertise and industry relationships.
Start a book publishing firm on a shoestring budget, publishing eBooks and have them displayed on sites like Amazon.
- Find out what topics that will sell, then share it with your friends and followers.
Buying things in quantity from wholesalers, distributors, and manufacturers, and reselling them to clients with a profit margin is a fantastic business concept.
You don’t have to own an inventory, you can launch your business in a few minutes and sell a wide range of products.
- Ecommerce platforms such as eBay and Amazon allow you to buy and sell items.
Social Media Customer Support
Businesses are using social media to interact with their customers in a more timely and transparent manner.
Many businesses are using their social media platforms as customer care or support channels.
If you’re good at both social media and customer service this could be the business idea for you.
- Set up your business providing a 24/7 social media responsive service to your clients.
If you have a radio voice and enjoy sharing intriguing stories, podcasting could be a good business idea for you.
You can make money through affiliate links and advertising by podcasting from anywhere with proper audio equipment.
- Select your topic, create a content production calendar and share your podcasts through podcast listening apps.
Voice over Artist
Voice acting is one of the few jobs that can be done from the comfort of your own home.
You need recording equipment to produce high-quality work.
- Sharpen your vocals through retraining and do network with valuable sources inside the broadcasting and arts industry to get the gigs.
With the current emphasis on video on social media and other websites, videography is a business idea you’ll want to take advantage of while you can still get your hands on some good footage.
- Promote your business through digital media.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Maintenance BusinessHere are the ideas for Maintenance Businesses that you could start.
Air Conditioning services
Most of homes, offices and factories in India have a heating and air conditioning system installed.
The ACs require maintenance, servicing, and repairs over time, making services a viable business for businesses.
- Learn about the technical aspects required to service, maintain, and repair these systems.
If you enjoy working on cars, this could be a great business idea for you.
Meet your clients’ expectations and if they like you, they’ll tell their friends about you.
- Launch an aggressive marketing campaign to get your business known.
Mobile auto washing
Start an interesting part time business like mobile auto washing.
You can help car owners save time moving to and from the car washing ports.
The main advantages of the mobile auto washing business is that it is cheap.
- All you need is a basin, soap, wax, rags and either a bicycle or small car to get to the clients home.
Solar energy consultant
You may offer your customers advice and guidance on how to get the best results from their solar panels and solar lights.
- Keep up to date with current solar advancements and locate numerous or combination solutions to assist your clients in reducing their reliance on the grid.
Furniture, particularly chairs and couches, requires restoration after a span of years.
You can start your own home décor business re-upholstering chairs if this idea appeals to you.
- Upgrade your business by providing replacements for springs, paddings, and fabric.
Senior Citizens care
India would have roughly 319 million senior citizens in by 2050.
Start a senior care firm, if you’re seeking for a long-term business concept.
- Provide a variety of services, such as in-home care, tailored products, and more.
Senior Citizens Transport services
Looking at the streets, you realize that senior citizens struggle getting off the cabs and carrying their groceries around the stores.
Start a transport service targeting senior citizens.
- Research the market, identify a group of senior citizens and discuss your business idea with them.
Furniture Up cycling
Starting a business like this is simple!
You buy used furniture for a low price, repair it, and resell it for a higher price.
- Purchase used furniture from yard sales and antique stores and promote your business to attract the initial clients.
Motorcycle repair service
You may make a good living starting a motorcycle repairing service from the convenience of your own home.
- Post ads in Motorcycle forums in newspapers and hand out brochures outlining your services, to attract new customers.
Motorbike Airbrushing Services
Start selling your motorbike airbrushing services to bicyclists in your neighborhood to preserve their bikes in good shape.
- Advertise your services online to reach a larger market.
Second Hand Motorbike Dealer
Many motorbike riders across India, tend to toss out their old bikes to acquire new ones. Acquire the old bikes, repair them and put then up for sale with a profit.
- To run this business, you’ll require assembly skills or the services of a reasonably priced mechanic.
Boat Cleaning Service
Start a boat cleaning business by providing a cleaning service for all types of watercraft.
This business requires no particular expertise or tools.
- Promote your business through printed leaflets and distribute the brochures at sailing clubs across India.
Post Construction cleanup service
The cost of starting the post construction clean up business is pretty inexpensive.
- Purchase materials such as chemical cleaners, mops, brooms, and other items needed by the cleanup crew.
Exhaust Hood Cleaning Service
Restaurants and hotels must have their kitchen exhaust hoods cleaned on a regular basis to comply with India Public Health standards.
Restaurant exhaust hoods and filters are cleaned with specialized equipment.
- Start by purchasing the equipment and then use the social media to promote your services.
Graffiti Removal Service
The Graffiti removal market is limitless.
There is a large revenue generation potential using minimal items such as a portable pressure washer, portable sandblaster and trailer.
- Make money by offering low-cost graffiti cleaning services to people who are frequently vandalized by graffiti.
Gutter cleaning services
Gutter cleaning is a good business idea that you can establish with little investment.
- Create a flyer explaining the details of your business and contact information. Hand-deliver the leaflets to residents in residential areas.
If you’re looking for a business idea that needs an investment of only a few hundred dollars, a litter collection service may be just the right thing to do.
- Create a leaflet and distribute it to area businesses. The goal is to urge customers give you the business to pick up trash along their businesses’ sidewalks, entranceways, flowerbeds, lawns, and parking lots.
Start a business specializing in small scale masonry repairs.
- Get this business off the ground by specializing in small masonry repairs, such as brick repointing, concrete step and sidewalk repairs.
Mirror Sales and Installation
Mirror sales and installation business can easily be operated from your home.
- Market your services to commercial and residential construction companies and it shouldn’t take long to build up a solid customer base.
Pest Management and Control
Starting your own pest-control business is a great way to cash in on the burgeoning pest management and animal control business.
- Find out more on how to start a Pest control business in India
Pet Poop Scooper Service
You can run a pooper-scooper service if you know how to use a shovel and plastic bags.
The Dog pooper-scooper service is a popular with pet owners especially in the towns and cities.
- Market your service in local newspapers, and pin fliers in busy areas.
Doggie Bed and Breakfast
Doggie bed and breakfasts are in high demand, because many pet owners do not want to put their puppy in a crowded kennel.
That is where the doggie bed and breakfast business becomes relevant.
- Create a website and execute the standard digital marketing to promote your business to dog service providers, dog groomers, vets, and pet stores.
Pet clothing business
You can manage a physical store, or an online business, that services a diverse range of customers.
Starting a pet clothing shop, gives you an opportunity to either resell or develop and produce pet attire.
- You’ll need a respectable web and social media presence to drive traffic to your physical location.
Restaurant Washroom Cleaning Service
COVID-19 has made sanitation and hygiene more important than ever.
This is time for you to start a washroom cleaning services targeting restaurants.
- Contact restaurant owners and market a free service for the first time before you can start charging.
Windshield Repair and Replacement business
Establish your business specializing in repairing and replacing chipped or cracked windshields.
Home-based business opportunities, flexible working hours, and no need for a store are some of its benefits.
- Promote your business to commercial vehicle owners.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Real Estate BusinessHere are the ideas for Real Estate Businesses that you could start.
Apartment and House Finder Service
Many people who need to rent a home hire a professional apartment and house-finding agency.
Start a real estate business and charge renters a fee for assisting them find a house.
Alternatively, you might charge the landlord a fee for marketing their properties through your service.
- Create a website to advertise available properties for rent.
- Promote your areas of real estate specialization; you may concentrate on furnished accommodations, student hostels, or Apartments.
Construction Project manager
If you are an expert in safety management, then this business idea is what you need.
- Obtain insurance and a state-issued home improvement license. Having your own van to transport people and equipment is preferable.
Human Resource Management
Do you have knowledge about Human Resource management?
If you have the passion to work with people, then why not convert your passion and skills into business.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR practices, create your profile and market your services both through traditional and digital media.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Health and Lifestyle BusinessHere are the ideas for Health and Lifestyle Businesses that you could start.
Day Care Center
According to estimations, the pre-school and day care market in India is worth over $13,000 crores and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 23% through 2022.
That’s why the day care is a viable business.
- You can start a daycare in your home or in a rented space. You’ll need a license, insurance, and two to five employees to get started.
Are you a fitness enthusiast? You may be an amazing personal trainer who helps others get into shape.
A fitness trainer business allows you to deliver personalized training to consumers via Zoom. You can also or train them at their homes.
Develop a business producing apps not just for professional athletes, but for everyone.
The app will help users keep track of their daily activities and workout goals.
Another wonderful repeat customer, consistent revenue based business is the yoga studio.
If you can keep your participants satisfied, they will usually stick with you for a long time and promote your business.
- Whether you opt for online or offline classes, you can start by promoting your Yoga classes through your social media channels.
Child Care business
Many parents especially in India’s major cities, regardless of age and status, occasionally require assistance in caring for their children.
If you have experience with children and a caretaking qualification, this business idea fits you.
- Provide a range of childcare services such as children’s party services, night nanny services and baby swimming training services.
Personal Shopper service
Personal shoppers are frequently hired to pick up food and prescriptions for the elderly who are unable to do so themselves.
The majority of client engagement will take place over the phone, via email, or in their homes
- The startup costs for this firm are really low and this business can be done from home.
Personal Trainer Business
A significant number of people are looking for fun ways to obtain their daily or weekly dosage of exercise.
You can start an inventive personal trainer business to pique their interest and keep them engaged.
- It’s always a good idea to see what your competitors are up to before you start. Read more about some business ideas for personal trainers.
Supporting Senior Citizens
Setting up a modest business supporting senior persons may be extremely satisfying.
You can run errands, transport members to social events, or assisting them around the house.
- Create a business that helps people.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Gardening BusinessHere are the ideas for Gardening Businesses that you could start.
Turn your landscaping and lawn-care expertise into a business venture.
Trimming and mowing are necessities in the community and you can be assured of repeat customers seeking landscaping services.
- Make sure you have the equipment and post samples of your work on the social media channels
Open a one-stop shop garden center and jump on the road to a stable financial future providing residential and commercial landscaping supplies to clients.
- Research your target market, find space, temporary greenhouses, and sell seeds, fertilizer, and garden tools and plants.
Community Gardening Business
If you love working with plants and supporting your community, then community gardening business is an ideal venture for you.
All you need is a solid understanding of gardening and the ability to work with community members.
- Find the space, pay up the licence fee and buy the tools and seeds to get the garden started.
- You can charge membership fees for community members who want to access the gardens for parties and picnics.
General Gardener Business
Many people have gardens but not the time to clean them.
The demand for gardening services makes this business idea a viable venture for you.
Just like the community garden business, the general gardener business provides digging, weeding, trimming the trees and mulching services to people in need of the services.
- Profits in this business are determined by the number of clients you can get per day.
- Buy the tools, promote the business and create a small pool of workers to support you.
This is a fantastic business because it caters to a certain niche and is not overly competitive.
- Get a license, purchase equipment, supplies, make promotional signage, flyers, business cards, and have a website created to promote your services.
Plant watering services
Plant watering service is an excellent business that’s simple to do and costs almost nothing.
- All you need is a watering can and pruning shears.
- Promote your business through word of mouth.
Turn your love for flowers into a business.
Flowers growing is a profitable green business, which can offer you many benefits.
Minimal startup costs are required to purchase garden tools, seeds and fertilizers.
- Start small and watch your business grow from the seeds and a little care for your business.
Bee farming is sweet. It earns you honey and money.
If you have been convinced to grow flowers, you can as well start bee farming on a small scale.
- Checkout the complete guide to bee farming for beginners in India.
Land Surveying Business
If you are an expert in math, maps and computer aided design, this business idea is for you.
This business requires commitment to attract customers.
- You will need to purchase surveying software and equipment. Start small with one or two support staff and grow your business as the clientele expands.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Retail BusinessHere are the ideas for Retail Businesses that you could start.
Antique Road Show
Buy and resell antique furniture for a profit.
Spend time looking for vintage furniture at flea markets and garage sales.
- Research your competitors and create a niche as your entry point into the business.
Bed and Breakfast
Rent out a spare room in your house, provide breakfast and earn extra money.
One of the appealing parts of this business idea is that you won’t need any licenses as long as your home-building is done on a small scale.
- Upload high-quality images of your property, include amenities such as free Wi-Fi. And list your property on third party platforms such as Airbnb, and Booking.com.
A blog is an excellent example of a business idea that can be started small and scaled up at your leisure.
Choose a specific topic and stick to it and include actionable advice to attract followers.
- Join advertising networks such as Google, and add business related links to your blog to earn commissions.
Start a boutique business offering high quality clothes to people who love to look good.
Carefully plan your business and make sure that you have a steady supply of products.
- Find a manufacturer who can regularly provide a high-quality product and start with just a few fantastic pieces.
Cell phone Business
Cell phone business is a highly competitive business.
But you can set yourself apart by starting a business that provides a wide range of cell phone services.
Some of these services can include selling mobile phones and phone accessories, and repairing phones.
- Startup costs include rent and utilities, depending on where your shop is located.
- Identify a busy space to set up your cell phone sales and repair shops.
A candy making business idea is an excellent way to turn your skill into a profitable home-based business.
- The chocolate candies and treats can be sold wholesale to retailers or directly to chocolate lovers via a sales kiosk or factory direct outlet.
Career Guidance Counsellor
With the demand for career counselors increasing, why not start your own business in this field?
- Start by learning about this business idea and look for standardized tests to assess your talents and personality.
Start a mini market selling groceries that are popular among the local population.
- Start by identifying the type of groceries that your community spends their money on, identify a strategic location to set up your shop and advertise your business through word of mouth and on social media channels.
Start your clothing retail shop with just a few fantastic pieces.
Find a manufacturer who can regularly provide a high-quality product.
Carefully plan your business and your first products.
- Find your own online presence to attract new customers and generate word of mouth.
Video Games Parlour
Do you have games that you have been boxing for years because you no longer use them?
Here is an opportunity to transform your toys into a business opportunity.
- Open up a games parlour and set up your PlayStation and Xbox games parlour.
Oil Change Business
One of the most exciting business idea for car lovers is the Oil change business.
This business is designed to keep cars maintained and on the road.
- You need equipment, a garage bay and the right name for your business.
- Customers are more likely to return if you provide prompt service with a smile and offer reasonable prices.
Shoe Repair business
Start a shoe repair business specializing in repairing high quality footwear, fixing damaged shoe heels and removing weather related discoloration.
- Supplies such as heels, soles, leathers, and dyes are included in the costs of a shoe repair business.
Greeting Cards Business
Greeting cards are a fantastic way to start a small scale business.
You have a commercial outlet for your artistic capabilities, and the starting costs are modest.
- You can start this business by experimenting with a few different designs, and find out what catches their attention.
Soap Making Business
People use soap on a regular basis.
This might be an excellent business opportunity if you know how to combine soap with scents and how to create eye-catching patterns from scratch.
- Artisan soap is a good niche to launch into the market.
Selling used boats
Buying and selling old boats is a profitable venture.
Familiarize yourself with the pricing and concentrate on the bestselling, name-brand items.
Classy pottery creations attract people.
If you are interested in the pottery industry and have the passion to use your hands, start the pottery business.
- Get started by working from home and look for space as the demand for pottery products increases.
Photo Mugs and Plates
Taking photographs of people and printing their images on plaques, mugs, clocks and plates is a fantastic small business idea that does not require photographic skills and start-up capital.
Photo plaques make excellent accomplishment rewards and corporate gifts.
- This business requires a busy location such as a shopping mall, flea markets and outdoor community events.
Costume Rentals Business
A costume rental business is an exciting business idea that requires little effort and generates great revenue.
Sharara, Lehenga and Saree are popular costumes that you can rent out for a profit.
- Design and distribute a marketing brochure in schools and theaters. Describe all the costumes you have in stock.
Evening Gown Rentals
Stylish evening gowns are expensive and out of reach for potential clients.
That’s why starting an evening gown rental business is a good idea.
Sewing is a great business idea and a revenue generator if you know how to sew.
You can sew your own clothes or make, change and customize clothes.
Online course platforms such as Thinkific, and Teachable have made it easier to turn your skills and expertise, into a business, especially if you are a subject matter expert or passionate about something.
- Reach out to folks looking for online coaching classes through social media.
Use your artistic ability and creative flare to start a logo design service targeting business startups.
This business assists organizations to develop and sustain instant brand identification and consumer awareness.
- To get started, you’ll need a computer, design software, a digital camera and a printer. There’s no need for a fancy office (at least for a start) so you can work from home
Mobile Disk Jockey
A mobile DJ business is a terrific opportunity to make money.
Establish this business as a side hustle while maintaining your studies or career.
- All you need is enthusiasm, knowledge of trending music, marketing tools, insurance and equipment that can easily fit into a vehicle.
Import and Export business
Importing products is a great way to make money without incurring the costs and risking the dangers of manufacturing them yourself.
- Source products from other countries through existing online marketplaces such as Amazon, Etsy, or eBay, and sell them online or coordinate with a team of retailers to sell your products.
Residential, commercial, and institutional windows are cleaned on a regular basis by a window washing company.
As a window washing service provider, you’ll be in charge of attracting customers and cleaning the windows of homes, apartments, shops, schools and universities.
- You’ll need to pay for at least one transport vehicle, basic equipment, cleaning supplies, and liability insurance to get started.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Tourism BusinessHere are the ideas for Tourism Businesses that you could start.
Do you enjoy walking around your city?
Do you know where all the hidden jewels and interesting historical facts of India may be found?
Start a walking tour business and organize walking excursions for tourists who want to get a true feel of the country.
- Identify the most intriguing parts of the country, research the areas and target both foreign and local tourists through digital marketing.
Used Car Rentals
Tourists can save money by renting used cars, if you can offer them in good working order.
Having said that, you can make a lot of money in this business.
- Buy cheap used cars from either new car dealers or you can buy them at auto auctions. You can rent the cars out for two to three years before you can sell them off for a good price as you build your business.
- Although the stakes as high you can create a website and promote yourself through the social media channels.
Tourist maps and local business guides
Offering Tourist maps and guides to local businesses are excellent small-scale businesses.
You can start this as an online business or as a physical business store.
Local Cuisine Cooking Classes
If you enjoy preparing local Indian food and also enjoy teaching others how to prepare intriguing and spicy meals from India, this could be an excellent tourism business opportunity for you.
- Identify a location with space to accommodate a group of tourists looking to learn how to cook.
Souvenir stores provide tourists with regionally inspired products to take home as a keepsake of their visit.
Start a souvenir store and give tourists an unforgettable time in India.
- Identify a good source of souvenir items.
Airbnb Management Company
Start an Airbnb Management Company targeting entrepreneurs who have advertised many rentals and need help managing them.
An Airbnb management company deals with the daily logistics and improve the clients profile and listings.
- Learn about the legal and licensing procedures in the region where you intend to open your business.
Cultural heritage tours
Do you have a thorough understanding of your community’s culture and heritage?
Could you lead a group of tourists on a cultural heritage tour?
If yes, the cultural heritage tours business might be the best business idea for you.
- Create a website to sell your heritage tours. Your website should show potential customers that you’re professional and committed to your business.
Takeaway Hotel Rooms
If you’re good at developing and designing rooms, you may start a business offering small hotel rooms out of shipping containers.
- Know your target audience, promote your service on the social media and invest in advertisement.
Small Scale Business Ideas in India – Writing BusinessHere are the ideas for Writing Businesses that you could start.
You can immediately put your writing skills to use with your laptop, a stable Wi-Fi connection and a steady stream of clients.
There is a website for almost every topic and you can start this business working from home or anywhere in the world.
- Create a portfolio website and begin pitching your writing services to ideal clients and check out sites such as Problogger.
Grant and proposal writing business
The competition by non-government organizations to get grants and donations makes grant writing a lucrative business idea.
- Hone your skills in persuasive writing start this business from your home. All you need is a computer, printer and a phone.
If you are confident about your writing skills, becoming a technical writer is the way to start your business.
Here are the benefits: You get to work from the comfort of your home, work less hours, and you could turn this into a full time business.
- Build your portfolio of writing evidence and show off your technical writing projects to win new projects.
If you are a freelance writer, or retiree, with editing experience, proofreading can be a great business idea.
You can offer your services online.
- Carve out your niche and build your client base to start your business.
Blogging is a great source of a steady stream of income if you can master the tricks of the trade and have a laptop, domain name and stable internet.
- The best way to establish yourself as a go-to expert is by focusing in niche content in order to rank high on Google search engine.
Other Exciting Small Scale Business Ideas in IndiaHere are the ideas for Other Exciting Businesses that you could start.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Venture into freelance graphic designing especially if you want to own an independent business.
Establish your niche and hone your graphic design portfolio into a specific design
- Take online courses to learn graphic design skills, if you don’t already have them.
Gift basket Business
Gift basket design is another small business idea for you.
- Learn the skills to create gift baskets.
Private Music Teacher
Becoming a music teacher is a great startif you have an advanced knowledge of music and the instrument or vocal techniques.
Set your own working hours, and turn it into an online business with virtual lessons.
- Find clients through advertisements in local music schools and stores and through word-of-mouth.
The party bus business is designed to help revelers move from one location to another while enjoying the cheerful spirit.
Hire a cheerful host to create and maintain momentum of the party spirit.
- Buy used cheap old buses, refurbish and turn them into party buses.
Employment and Staffing Agency
You can make a fortune if you’re good at dealing with people.
Both an employment agency and a staffing service can be very profitable businesses.
Gourmet Jam Producer
Start a gourmet jam production business on a shoestring budget right from your kitchen.
- Start with a delicious product and focus on great packaging on the jar, to draw more attention to your goods.
Consider starting a business as a concert promoter.
If you’re good at promoting, checkout if a concert group will pay you to increase attendance for their shows.
- Start by first promoting local concerts, then work out deals with bigger concert groups.
Home Security business
It may be less expensive to start your own home security business, but you will be competing with existing companies.
- You’ll need to check local and state standards for licensure and registration. You’ll additionally need a government license, and insurance.
Meal to go business
Meal-delivery services are bringing in record profits for the companies who deliver them.
- The most profitable meal delivery services give delicious and nutritious cuisine based on a diet plan that favors healthy meal options.
Start with fence repairs to get your foot in the door of fence installation.
You’ll require storage space for all of your equipment, as well as office space.
- Start by investing in the purchase of major tools such as Post drivers, fence stretchers, saws, drills, air compressors, hydraulic augers, and a concrete mixer
Laundry and Dry cleaning business
This is a reliable, repeat-customer-based business with a consistent income.
Explore providing drop-off and pick-up services at customers’ residences.
- If your business is a work-from-home operation, then you need signage that makes your business visible to potential clients.
Vintage Toy store
This type of business is a terrific way to bring people in your community together by allowing them to remember their childhood.
Your vintage toy shop may stock both mass-produced and unique collectible toys.
- You can sell a wide range of retro toys on your own website, on Etsy, or from your own store.
If you have exceptional makeup application skills and enjoy interacting with people, you may find success as a makeup artist.
Use social media to establish a name for yourself.
- Startup costs are quite minimal because most makeup artists operate from home or travel to their customers. You can make a sizable profit as your business expands.
Mobile Hair Saloon
Mobile hair saloon business is an excellent business idea for you.
You can bring your hair tools and accessories and work in the customer’s house.
The service is available to the elderly and the busy working class, as well as those who need a break from their jobs.
- Advertise your business.
Money lender and Debt Counsellor
The money lender and debt counselling service is one of our top 300 small business ideas.
If you are good with money and accounts looking to provide financial support and guidance to small businesses, money lending and debt counseling is a good option for your business.
Try it out on your potential clients.
- Research your potential clients and understand their financial status and needs to gauge what kind of financial counselling service you can extend.
All day Breakfast Restaurant
You can expect strong profit margins in this business, because breakfast meals are far easier to prepare and ingredients are not expensive.
- Excellent customer service and efficient advertising will be critical to your success.
Parkers and Movers
Another wonderful business to start small and grow at your own speed is a parkers and movers company.
- You can start this business with no capital by hiring trucks as needed. You can also start out by hiring a mover’s team and paying them by the hour as you grow your business.
Ebay selling service
Trading, is a good business idea on eBay.
The idea is to build a niche, learn how to price things, and then buy cheap and sell at a reasonable market price.
- Start by listing some of your own unwanted items, and then promote your service using digital marketing to broaden your reach even more.
With very little money and no single product, you can start selling on Amazon.
You can also personalize the design and feel of your Amazon storefront. You can also have Amazon fulfill your orders and ship your things for you.
- Set up your account, pick a niche, research the market for the products and don’t open your store unless you’ve devised a sound strategy.
A flower shop is a feasible business idea that you can establish from home with very little capital.
- Purchase your flowers in bulk and get equipment such as a cooler, vases, pruning tools, and ribbons.
With limited cash and no education background you can start a demolition business.
Your business would support construction companies and homeowners seeking to refurbish their sites or reconstruct their buildings.
- Focus on sending well-crafted bids to companies looking for demolition contractors.
Junk removal business
Construction workers, homeowners and renters, all benefit from junk removal services.
If you enjoy doing something different, while being your own boss, the junk removal business idea may be appropriate for you.
- It is not necessary to have a business degree to establish a rubbish removal company, but you need knowledge of local disposal regulations and customer service skills.
Gift giving is a culture that is very common and the market for gift giving in India is expanding.
Get started by launching and running a traditional gift shop offering a diverse range of products from your locality.
- If you want to start a gift shop or business, you need some ideas for what to do. Visit your local Etsy store to see what they’re up to and how you can get involved in the process.
Carpet and Couches cleaning business
Are you interested in learning how to establish a carpet cleaning business?
Starting a carpet cleaning business could be an excellent way to fulfill your entrepreneurship ambitions providing in-demand services.
- Start by registering your business and investing in some basic equipment and marketing.
Start a Laundromat business from your home with minimal costs.
Most laundry functions are self-service and require minimal support staff, easing the process of setting up this business.
- You can start by buying a new washing machine or renting an old one.
Start a construction contractor business and provide your expertise to help homeowners and businesses develop residential and commercial projects.
- You can create a professional website to showcase your work and then use it to attract customers. Use social media, email marketing, to get people to visit your site.
Online Job Board Business
An online job board can be an excellent business opportunity for employers.
- Learn how to create an online job board, register your domain and find quality hosting.
Drone photography business
Drone photography for commercial purposes is increasingly becoming popular.
Real estate dealers, advertisers and government institutions require drone photography services to increase visibility of their services.
- Get a basic drone and camera, pay for a drone flying licence, create your drone photography portfolio on the website and promote your services on social media channels.
Online Dating Consultant service
Today, more people go online dating sites to find a match.
On the other hand, there are many people who can’t seem to locate the proper match. This is where an online dating consultancy service comes in.
You’ll assist your clients in establishing an online presence and attracting the right partner.
- Invest in website maintenance, and advertising costs.
- You may provide a comprehensive service that includes evaluations and ongoing assistance, or you could charge a flat amount for basic things like creating internet profiles.
Towing truck business
Every day, vehicles break down, and some are abandoned in illegal parking spaces.
This is where a towing truck business idea comes in to transport these automobiles to garages, and police stations.
- Consider the major startup expenses. Check out Indiamart for the price of a Towing truck.
- Pay up licensing and insurance fees
- Bear in mind the variable fees which may include a salary for the towing truck driver and repairs.
Canoe and Kayak rental service
Not everyone owns a canoe or Kayak to enjoy the sailing sport.
Starting a canoe and kayak rental company gives such people the opportunity to rent kayaks and other water sports equipment.
- Research the market and your competitors.
- Hire administrative personnel to handle paperwork and reservations, and guarantee that equipment is checked out and returned correctly.
There is an enormous opportunity for businesses organizations to promote their services, creating a huge market for promotional products.
Sell unique promotional products such as UV sanitizing boxes, drinking bottles, and umbrellas. Contact big corporations for initial deals to get you started.
- Launch an online marketing campaign and target your potential clients through social media.
Tool Rental Business
You don’t need a massive warehouse to start a tool rental business.
You do need quality tools such as power drills, ladders, drain cleaners, and weed whackers commonly needed by commercial and residential clients.
- Rent a tool storage facility in a strategic location that can be easily accessed by your clients. You will also need the services of a lawyer to design contracts for tool renting.
App to fix broken cars
Create a business app that connects car owners with mechanics to fix broken cars.
Credit card detective agency
Start a business providing intelligence services to bankers and financial institutions ensuring that their credit cards are safe from fraud.
If you enjoy looking for vintage goods and making handmade goods, the Etsy store business idea is the right one for you.
- Art and crafts skills, advertising and computer knowledge and marketing skills will help you make some money with Etsy.
Passionate about health and fitness matters?
The personal trainer business is an opportunity for you to earn some income.
Stand out from the crowd by creating customized workout training packaged to fit different clients.
- Obtain certification for your services, purchase insurance and advertise your services.
Fashion and design consultant
If fashion is your passion, then this is the right business idea for you.
As a fashion and design consultant, you will support your clients to reconstruct their wardrobe, and look good.
- You can run this business from your home. Create a professional website and print some brochures to promote your business.
You can make money offering aquarium maintenance services.
Your clients will include hotels, homeowners, hospitals and restaurants.
- You need some basic understanding of fish care to start this business.
Sporting Goods business
Sports equipment is in high demand.
It’s possible to grow your business both online and through a chain of physical stores, because almost everyone who participates in athletics needs a sports item.
- Spark interest about your sports store by visiting the sports clubs in you locality, offering free coupons to the store.
Many traders are good at selling their products and services.
But not so much at keeping meticulous accounting records. That’s when you enter the picture with your book keeping business.
- Grow your business through marketing your services, and offering good services to your clients.
If you have skills in cosmetology, the makeup artist business will earn you some modest income.
You can either start up as a general makeup artist or choose a niche such as celebrity or wedding makeup artist.
- Start as a mobile makeup artist with minimal costs and increase the visibility of your business through social media.
Roof cleaning Business
If you have ever done any work as a roofing contractor, add roof cleaning to your business portfolio.
The roof cleaning business provides a comprehensive cleaning services to remove dirt, moss, leaves and other debris from the roof.
- The costs of getting started are cheap. You can purchase a pressure cleaner and other cleaning products for about for about $2,500. You’ll also purchase liability insurance.
Fish and seafood Business
Fish and seafood is a delicacy for many people, the reason why there is a never ending demand for these delicacies.
There is no need to be a fisherman to start a fish business.
You can buy fish from the fishermen and keep a steady supply to your business.
- Learn the regulations regarding fish and seafood business in India. Get a trading license, rent space and purchase some ice coolers.
Many people can’t afford to buy new chairs all the time.
The alternative is to buy chair covers to keep the old chairs in good condition, so they don’t have to worry about them falling apart.
A fabric covering business comes in handy.
- Promote your business through word of mouth by selling good quality fabric coverings.
Fitness equipment rentals
Coronavirus has changed the lifestyle habits for many people.
As a result, gym sessions have shifted online, but not everyone has the equipment to work out from home.
That’s where the fitness equipment rental business offers a way to work out from home.
- You need a loan to purchase gym equipment.
If you have a great personality and have good customer care skills, starting a barber shop could be the business for you.
- Set up shop in a busy location, and either create a nice website to promote your business
Medical courier services
If you can drive and respect deadlines, consider starting a medical courier service with medical clientele as your niche.
You will transport medicines, prescription drugs and light equipment.
- You can start this business solo or hire a team of two people to support you.
T-shirt printing business
If you have a keen appreciation of art, you might love starting a T-shirt printing business.
- Get the space and purchase the essential equipment needed for T-Shirt printing.
Once you’ve chosen what business idea fits you, it’s time to get started!
Sure, it may seem overwhelming (and it often is at the beginning) but it will get easier with time as you learn the dynamics of your industry.
Nothing should hold you back from pursuing what matters to you. Take a leap of faith and see what happens – you just might be surprised by how successful your start up becomes.
Let me know in the comments if you have more such small scale business ideas.