Business plan software makes it simple to organize your company’s finances and present them to banks or investors.
The fundamental objective of a business plan is to allow you to critically examine your strengths and shortcomings, your Unique Selling Point (USP), and compare your product or service to the competition.
Of course, even the best business plan is based on estimations and guesstimates, as it is impossible to anticipate market changes, advancements, and future performance under such circumstances.
Finally, a business plan will demonstrate why your company is a sound enough investment to risk investing in and show that you have extensively researched your industry and detailed the genuine possibilities of new business opportunities.
We’ll break down ten of the best business plan software solutions in this guide so you have all the insight you need to choose the best option for your company.
nTask goes above and beyond traditional business planning in various ways.
Yes, you can plan your business or any project you’re working on, but the best part is that nTask’s powerful planning capabilities arrive in bursts.
It would be an understatement to claim that nTask is only a business planning program. The tool was created to assist project managers, home users, contractors, and multinational corporations with their everyday routines.
In nTask, you can create numerous workspaces to streamline multiple projects simultaneously. The cherry on top is the affordable pricing and a visual Gantt Chart feature that you can use to manage timelines and define task relationships.
Features of the nTask:
- Multitasking by using one app to manage many workspaces, projects, and teams
- Collaboration on a Project: Real-time team communication and multi-user management
- The nTask software allows users to create, organize, allocate, and manage an unlimited number of tasks.
- Tracking and managing issues
- Implementation of a risk assessment matrix
- Timesheets and other time-tracking software
- Billing systems (billable and non-billable projects), budget management, and financial summary are all part of the budget tracking process.
- Ability to use interactive Gantt charts to show business and project progress
3rd party software connectors like Zapier, Zoom, Slack, Google Calendar, and Outlook Calendar allow you to invite stakeholders to view your projects/businesses.
Enloop is a business plan software that runs in the cloud with nearly 300,000 users. It is a beautiful alternative to consider if you want software that can help you design a strategy tailored to a bank or an investor quickly.
Enloop is a tool that can help create a clear plan by providing a slew of useful features.
- AutoWrite and TextSync features provide introductory personalized text for your business plan, including ten essential components for any grand strategy.
- Enloop’s Forecast Modules allow you to develop a business strategy using one of two forecast modules.
- Financial forecasts in Enloop allow you to include how your business will perform financially in your business plan. You may pick between an annual or 36-month option, including a profit and loss forecast, balance sheet, and cash flow forecast.
The tool collects personal financial information as well as industry financial data. According to studies, such elements aid in creating financial reports and ratios that can be studied and used in your Plan.
ProofHub is a powerful, award-winning business plan software that includes project management and communication tools.
Over 85,000 teams use ProofHub and enterprises from all over the world to plan and track their projects. ProofHub also includes fantastic team collaboration capabilities in addition to project planning. It connects all of your teams, projects, and communications to keep everything in one place and secure.
- You have the option of using pre-existing project templates or creating new ones.
- With features such as project timeframes, task dependencies, and more, Gantt charts may help you plan your projects more effectively.
- With its sophisticated work management tools, you can effectively manage teams. Kanban boards can construct bespoke workflows, while task lists can manage simple chores.
- A built-in chat facility for team communication and a dedicated location for real-time conversations.
- It has a reporting tool that generates project and resource reports to help you manage your resources and plan your projects more successfully.
- Integrates with third-party apps such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Freshbooks, and others to provide one location where you can access all of your favorite tools.
Bizplan can assist you with your business plan. The program includes functionality and enhanced graphics to make your plans more memorable.
Bizplan assists you in developing business plan software that are tailored to attract investors and allow you to obtain funding for your company.
Features of the Bizplan:
- Financial projections enable you to include and provide a solid economic case for your business concept.
- Bizplan takes your financial data and gives you a choice to build various reports that you may review by month, quarter, or year and then download to use in your presentation.
- The Step-by-Step Builder function in Bizplan guides you through generating a business plan in an easy-to-follow manner.
- The progress tracker feature lets you see how much of your business plan has been completed, ensuring that you keep on track and don’t miss anything vital.
- Bizplan’s templates allow you to include features such as market size and charts, content, benefits, team, reports, and difficulties.
LivePlan from Palo Alto Software has been around for a long, and there’s a reason why so many people still consider it the most excellent option available.
The software is a comprehensive company planning tool with various customizable features, learning resources, and online assistance.
Features of LivePlan include:
- LivePlan’s financial forecasting tools include a walkthrough of each piece of economic data, allowing you to integrate all relevant facts into your estimate. This tool will enable you to construct annual and monthly budgets.
- You may turn your financial data into more appealing visual aids using LivePlan’s Charts and graphs feature.
- PlanGuru provides in-built video tutorials to help you navigate the software and create your business plan.
- PlanGuru provides you with the ability to export reports to Excel, Word, and PDF.
- LivePlan has over 500 templates, making it one of the best in this category. Templates can be used as a starting point for creating your material, or they can be utilized as is, with the language already included.
- LivePlan compares your financial estimates to industry benchmarks, applying them to your business plan.
PlanGuru is one of the most popular forecasting and budgeting programs. As a result, it’s more of a financial reporting tool than a business plan software.
PlanGuru, on the other hand, has earned a spot among our top recommendations because of its features.
PlanGuru has the following features:
- PlanGuru offers financial tools, predictions, and computations, allowing you to create various analytical reports for your business.
- PlanGuru includes video training to guide you through the program and the process of writing your business plan.
- PlanGuru allows you to export reports to Excel, Word, and PDF formats.
GoSmallBiz is a user-friendly business planning program with built-in advice modules and step-by-step templates. GoSmallBiz, which Fran Tarkenton founded, allows you to create the exact documentation you require as a business owner.
Features of GoSmallBiz include:
- The step-by-step wizard on GoSmallBiz will help you through each step of generating an excellent business plan.
- GoSmallBiz provides everything you need to prepare financial statements through financial projection.
- Create various reports based on the financial data you provide for your business plan, providing you with a visually appealing tool to help you draw attention to your strategy.
- Templates provide you with a starting point while constructing a business plan.
IdeaBuddy is a cutting-edge business planning program that guides you through the whole planning process, from basic concept to investor-ready company plan.
Aspiring entrepreneurs can use IdeaBuddy to develop their ideas, build a business model, validate a business concept, and generate an effective business plan. It comes with a business handbook that helps them better comprehend the planning process and ensures they have covered all bases.
Features of IdeaBuddy include:
- Idea Plan assists you in swiftly sketching out your business. Their business canvas guides you through creating a business model by allowing you to submit concept notes until you’ve covered all of your business’s features.
- The Business Guide is a step-by-step guide that will walk you through the five stages of business planning.
- A financial plan makes it feasible to acquire accurate financials without doing the tedious arithmetic yourself.
- As you complete each stage of your business plan, a business plan is automatically generated. You’ll have an excellent, customized business plan without having to do it twice this way.
- LivePlan’s financial forecasting tools include a walkthrough of each piece of economic data, allowing you to integrate all relevant information in your forecast.
- This tool allows you to construct annual and monthly budgets.
- IdeaBuddy has templates for many types of businesses that can help you get your business off the ground faster.
BizPlanBuilder was previously known as JIAN for over 30 years. They later changed their name to something else.
Regardless, the tool is helpful whether you’re working on a growth strategy or a fundraising approach.
Features of BizPlanBuilder include:
- BizPlanBuilder gives an explanation tab and video for your education and advice whenever you start a new business plan section.
- BizPlanBuilder offers a class to assist you in learning what investors are looking for in a business plan.
- There are dozens of templates to pick from to help you get started with your business plan.
- You can make a pitch deck with this feature.
- Ability to construct a financial model for the next five or ten years.
Upmetrics is a well-rounded business planning program that can assist you with every aspect of producing a business plan, from sketching out your main idea to financial forecasts and creating pitch decks to pitching your idea to investors and team members.
Over 50,000+ entrepreneurs use Upmetrics to plan their businesses, connect with remote teams, and build visually appealing pitch decks that can capture anyone’s attention. Additionally, the program makes it easier to keep track of your tasks and tailor your plans to meet your specific demands.
It also includes helpful business model canvases to assist you in brainstorming ideas and developing effective and efficient business models.
- From anywhere and at any time, plan and collaborate.
- You no longer need to bounce from one software to the next; instead, you can locate all of the tools you require in one spot.
- Get helpful hints to aid you in the planning process.
- Your team can provide real-time comments and suggestions.
- It is affordably priced with a straightforward pricing structure.
- Upmetrics has 200+ industry-specific sample business plans to help you with your planning.
- Assign tasks and monitor their progress. It enables you to delegate portions to team members who are best suited to write the section.
- Get instant feedback, collaborate on projects with your team, and share your business plan with banks, investors, or anybody else via a fast link. Additionally, the software makes exporting your Plan to Doc and PDF formats a breeze.
- Our financial forecasting program provides a detailed projection based on your data in minutes, making financial planning less time-consuming and overwhelming.
- If a typical business plan isn’t for you, several business model canvas options might help you plan more quickly.
- It aids in creating impressive business pitches that will help in the effective communication of your ideas.
- And, if you get stuck someplace, each part includes helpful hints to get you through.
Choosing the right business plan software is vital to your success. With the right software, you can create a professional-looking plan that will keep your investors happy. We have talked about the ten best business plan software to use in 2022.