As a teenager, you might be tempted to think about how to make money as a teenager or think about making money as something that only adults can do.
But the truth is that there are many ways how to make money as a teenager. The key is not to focus on what other people think you can and cannot do, but instead find out what you’re passionate about and do your best. Here are some creative ways that teenagers might make some extra cash.
This post will cover the ten most important and common ways to understand how to make money as a teenager. Whether it’s doing tasks in your neighborhood or downloading apps, there are plenty of opportunities for teens to get started with their entrepreneurial journey. You’ll be well equipped by the end of it.
10 Ways to Make Money as a Teenager
1. Tutor your local kids
Some people are good at math and writing, for example. If you excel in a particular skill, you can use it as an opportunity to make money-consider asking parents if they won’t help with their children’s grades. You may know other kids who could benefit from having a tutor to learn more skills.
You can either sign up for a website like tutor.com or LinkedIn and make a profile there, or you can go to your school’s office at lunchtime or during the day and ask if they need help with their homework because that would be such an easy way to get paid.
You could also create flyers in different parts of the schools; some people might even pay you so that they don’t have to do it themselves.
Benefits of Tutoring Job:
- You can benefit from teaching local kids and their parents when you work with them. This entails a lot of responsibility on behalf of the teacher, so it’s essential to consider all factors when considering this option. The benefits may vary from one classroom to another; thus, you should do some research before teaching these students in particular.
- Teaching children about their city, country, or region helps increase self-awareness. It allows kids to see themselves as part of a community based on their lives. Helping kids understand where they come from can help with integration when moving schools or even countries.
- One advantage would be that because there are fewer distractions than what may exist within a standard school setting (e.g., traffic), they have more time devoted solely to learning something new or practicing skills they’ve already learned.
- Another benefit could be the amount of personal attention each student might receive by enrolling in such programs due to smaller class sizes.
- Finally, if you are teaching students, you will have an opportunity to review your previous studies and become more attentive instead of just making money.
The Tutoring Fee is Expected to Be :
The price of a tutor varies depending on the city and country. Here are the main factors that influence the tuition fee:
- Tutor Experience
- Tutor qualification
Remember that a 6th grader is 11 years old, and you are 17. When negotiating with parents, be understanding of their concerns first and foremost.
For primary school students, you can aim for $30/hr or $20 if they want lessons more than once a week; other negotiation strategies include discounts for group tutoring, but you can still charge per head.
Blogging has become an excellent way to make money, and it can be done by simply talking about your passions. You can pull in readers or traffic by blogging or vlogging on Youtube. This could eventually earn money through various channels like Google AdSense for ads promoting products, affiliate marketing (promoting others’ effects on your blog), product reviews, and guest posts in other blogs.
Benefits of Blogging:
- It helps drive traffic to your website. Blogging is a tool for marketers to drive traffic and generate leads. Blogs are popular because they attract visitors through search engines and social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feeds. That pulls new posts from the blog onto their website homepages (or blogs), emails sent by bloggers informing readers of new content on the site, or blogger’s websites ranking higher in Google searches than other competing business’ websites. The time it takes you to write your article doesn’t matter; what matters most is whether there will be any ROI.
- The content is likely to be well-read on social media, and the time it takes to pull out all of the pertinent pieces for a new post will have been spent. In some cases, you may find that you can even use very similar language in your posts as they exist within blog material. This also makes it easier if additional blogs or articles are posted by other authors who share this same topic/idea. These different links can be added to their original content with ease.
- Blogs are a form of content marketing. Bloggers build an online presence through posts that demonstrate expertise or provide information about a topic. They provide their visitors with valuable, helpful, and exciting content in blog posts. Bloggers have the opportunity to turn traffic into leads for themselves or their businesses. Encourage potential customers to subscribe to and follow them on social media channels. Such as Facebook, Twitter, etc., where they can be kept up-to-date with new articles from the blogger’s website.
- Blogging is a method of building links. It adds to the overall link profile on your website and reaches new audiences by adding social media buttons. That allows readers to share content with their networks, leading them back to your site. Blog posts also help establish you as an expert in your field because they provide excellent avenues for linking out to other sites or resources explicitly related to what you’re writing about so that people are more likely to stick around instead of bouncing off after reading one post (or worse–bounce from clicking from another blog).
Blogging Income is Expected to Be:
In India, a professional blogger can earn up to $10,000 every month. A blogger makes around $300-$400 per month. Celebrity bloggers can make in the range of $20k-$30k each month on average.
Blogging has become a severe profession for many people over the last few years. It is increasing as more individuals want to start their blogs or are interested in advertising through blogging networks online.
Benefits of Vlogging:
- By providing insight into your life. This is done by showing the world who you are and what it is like to live in your shoes. A vlog exposes a person’s personality, which creates an emotional connection with the audience that wouldn’t have been possible otherwise. It also allows for a deeper understanding of ideas than typically conveyed through written words or pictures alone. A video can give context and show raw emotions on camera without editing.
- It is a personal log of your life, recorded in video form and uploaded to the internet for others to watch too. The vlogger will update their channel with regular videos on various topics such as what they are doing now, where they have been recently, or even just talking about themselves. A critical difference between this format and that of other forms of media (e.g., blog posts) is that the audience can see how things happen live, at the time it happens through a recording from cameras set up by either one person or multiple people involved in filming (though often only one camera operator).
- A vlog is short for a video blog. You can post videos of your thoughts and feelings about something on the internet so other people can see them. It’s a way to share how you feel with those around you efficiently. Many people use it as their only form of communication because they don’t like talking or find speaking difficult due to physical limitations or stuttering problems. It also helps keep someone creative by forcing them out into new places and situations, which gives more opportunities for inspiration.
- Vlogging has become a popular way to share your life on the Internet. The more you show, the closer you get. Vloggers, otherwise known as video bloggers or documentarians of our day and age, can build relationships with their audience through personal videos about themselves for all sorts of purposes, like tutorials on how-tos in everyday situations such as cooking or DIYs. Youtube is one platform that allows content creators worldwide to post daily vlogs that can be linked up with other social media platforms so followers can interact even further by commenting and liking posts.
- Some people use vlogs to document their lives and tell stories to connect with others, while others might be trying to share knowledge or showcase skills they have acquired through years of hard work, much like how some bloggers do so.
This format is also valuable for businesses that need these types of connections themselves—they can use it to attract more customers by gaining trust through transparency without feeling too invasive on social media feeds.
Vlogging Income is Expected to Be:
You can earn around 2-3 Lakhs by making vlogs through YouTube. But this is not the only way you can make money. You may also connect with brands who will pay for advertising in your videos or featured products and charge a specific price depending on how many followers you have.
3. Content Writing
It is easy to make money as a teen in this day and age if you are looking for ways how to make money as a teenager.
You might not have the privileges of someone who has graduated with a degree in something that will generate income once they graduate college, but you can still find ways to work from home or earn cash doing things like content writing. It all comes down to being creative and seeing your skills, then using those skills how best suits you.
One of the best ways for teens to make money is by writing content. Content writers, also known as bloggers, can find many opportunities online and have the potential to earn $50-100 per article depending on their skill level.
Benefits of Content Writing:
- Boosts Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO is the process of increasing the traffic your website receives from search engines. Instead of paying huge sums to boost your SEO statistics, get a content writer who writes attractive articles easy for search engines to index and rank highly in SERPs.
- The advantage of content writing is that it allows the accessible showcase of a product in the best light possible. The consumer can be influenced by good content and more inclined to decide on your brand. Whether for an eCommerce business, well-written content can sell a service or product as long as they are presented in the right way.
- Your website will show your company’s personality and allow the customers to learn more about you. Keeping a consistent tone of voice in all content that you publish-in both digital marketing and on other websites-will help create an image for your brand that is strong in their minds.
Content Writing Income is Expected to Be:
If you have two years of industry experience, you will be expectancy content writer salary of around 3.5 lakhs to 4.0 lakhs per annum. (-Increase or decrease depending on the company.) A freelancer with 5-8 years’ experience can expect an income from anywhere between 5 and 8 lakh/year (£6,000 to £9,700).
4. Storytelling via podcasts
What’s a podcast? A podcast is an episodic series of digital audio or video files distributed over the Internet using syndication feeds for playback on portable media players and personal computers. The word ‘podcast’ derives from their use as a portmanteau of “iPod” and “broadcast.”
As these words suggest, podcasts often contain spoken-word content (such as a radio show) that has been digitized either by scanning natural speech with mobile phone microphones, using voice recognition software to create text, or manipulating pre-existing recordings.
Benefits of storytelling via podcasts:
- Podcast storytelling is an essential skill that helps you hold listeners’ attention.
- Through podcast storytelling, a basic story can transform into an immersive episode.
- To master podcasting, it’s essential to control the structure, pacing, and emotions of your episodes and the music and scene selection-key components of good storytelling.
Storytelling Income is Expected to Be:
The average Professional Storyteller’s salary ranges between $31,000 (25th percentile) and $55,500 (75th percentile), with top earners making an annual income of up to $91,500.
5. Teach Art Lessons
Teaching art lessons as a teen is one way to generate income. They were teaching children how to draw or paint and other skills that will help them grow in creativity, imagination, and confidence. The more artists practice their craft, the better they become, leading to many opportunities for talented people.
Benefits of Teaching Art Lessons:
- Art teachers should be patient but firm with kids when teaching new techniques to learn quickly while still enjoying themselves.
- Studying and teaching the arts helps improve learning and academic performance, not just through creativity but in subjects like math, science, literacy, and more. Art education also fosters collaboration among students.
Art Teacher’s Income is Expected to Be:
The salary range for a teen art teacher can vary, but it is usually around $1-5.
An art teacher’s average starting hourly wage rate ranges from $8 to 10 per hour, and the median annual salary varies between $22k-$39k (across all experience levels).
It takes anywhere from 1 year up to 5 years on average to earn your degree in teaching arts, significantly impacting what you make at the end of each year.
6. Instagram influencer
Teenagers these days want to be Instagram influencers. It’s a tough job and can take years of hustle to get there, but it’s not impossible.
Starting as early as age 16, some teens are looking for shortcuts or skipping the entire process altogether by promoting their content with engagement-bait tactics to try making money on social media like they see others doing every day, but this might end up costing them more than just precious time from school or work if caught out by authorities.
Benefits of Instagram Influencer:
- Promote brand awareness and reach.
- To build credibility and trust.
- Create a content strategy that will enhance your brand.
- Collaborations that are long-term and win-win.
- Optimize SEO, ROI, and profits.
- Influence the purchase decision.
- Sales increase.
- Time-saving & cost-effective.
- Social networks offer unlimited sharing potential.
- Suitable for all types of businesses.
Instagram Influencer’s income is expected to be:
One of the most popular forms of advertising is through micro-influencers, those with 5-10k followers. These influencers make an average payment per post of ₹6,531.
Creators with 50k to 80k followers usually charge around ₹14,843 per post, and it continues moving up as you have creators with 250 k to 500 k followers that generally trust approximately ₹49,725 per post.
As a teen, babysitting offers opportunities to explore different aspects of life, and it’s the most popular job choice when a teenager searches for how to make money as a teenager. Babysitters can earn money and have time for their activities while their parents are away.
They also get valuable experience interacting with children and caring for them when they need it the most: at night or during the day.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that “babysitters” be 15 years old or older because it is easier to judge how tired children will likely be from staying up late rather than taking naps throughout a whole day.
However, this organization does not recommend leaving babies under one year old alone with any person other than a parent due to possible choking hazards such as small balls/marbles/small enough objects which could obstruct breathing if swallowed by the baby.
Babysitters should watch all toys since smaller items can quickly end up missing after being thrown around without someone noticing right away – especially if more kids show up unexpectedly.
Babysitter’s Income is Expected to Be:
The average Babysitting salary as a teen is $10,000 per year. Some teens make less than $5,000 in one year, while others earn over $20,000 annually. The demand and where you live will determine how much you can earn babysitting jobs for kids.
The number of hours they work each week also plays into it, but there’s no way to set a specific amount because it would vary depending on what days are available or needed by their schedule.
8. Dog Sitting
Dog sitting is a form of animal care that has become popular. It gives people who love dogs the opportunity to spend time with them and be their friends outside of the home, work, or school.
Dog owners may not always have the time for dog walking, so they rely on someone else at least once a day for this task. This makes it possible for some individuals to take advantage of these services and earn money doing something they enjoy.
Dog Sitter’s Income is Expected to Be:
The dog sitting industry is growing fast, and its future looks bright. Estimates show that the income for someone in this profession typically ranges from $18,000 to $25,000 annually.
Dog sitters are usually self-employed or work through companies such as Rover, which offer flexible hours and an opportunity to meet people who have pets they want to be watched while they’re away on vacation or business trips.
9. Online surveys
Many parents are looking for ways to earn money from home. Some have found success with online survey jobs as a teen, but what is an online survey job?
An online surveys company will hire you to complete an assignment that could be completed in under 10 minutes and pay you $1 – $5 per task. Surveys can range from answering simple questions such as favorite color or clothing brand to more difficult ones like your opinion on specific legislation.
Not every site pays the same, and some offer rewards, including cash prizes (usually around 5-10 dollars), coupons, gift cards, or sweepstakes entries.
10. Photograph an Event
One of the best jobs for teens is to be a photographer at an event. It offers flexible hours, little physical labor, and creative freedom. You’ll need to start by finding events in your area and hiring photographers before you can apply for positions or start marketing yourself as one already available out there.
If possible, it’s always better to ask parents if they know any friends with upcoming weddings who might have openings than it is going door-to-door looking for work like most people do when trying to find employment; this way, you’re more likely to get connected through someone they trust which will make them feel comfortable giving their business over).
Photographer’s Income is Expected to Be:
The average salary for a Photographer is $25,000, and the median annual wage for Photographers in 2016 was $23.65 per hour. A Photograph, an Event job as a teen, varies depending on experience and location, but teens are typically paid between 9-18$ an hour.
It is possible to make money as a teenager. There’s a lot to learn about new things, maintaining and using your own money; also, with the help of this guide on how to make money as a teenager, you’ll be on the right track in no time. Check out these 15 ideas for making money as a teen.