Many print-on-demand companies enable you to begin selling custom products in minutes. These companies can assist you with the following:
- Starting an eCommerce business from home.
- Starting a print-on-demand clothing line with no startup capital.
- Monetizing a social media audience.
- Expanding an existing business with new product lines.
Is this intriguing? Print-on-demand can bring your unique ideas to life with little hassle. Each print-on-demand company has an impressive catalog of products, shipping requirements, and unique features that will influence your choice.
Before getting started, you must answer a crucial question: What is the most appropriate print-on-demand company for you?
There are many print-on-demand companies to choose from and many things to consider. This post will look at the 11 best print-on-demand companies of 2022.
What are print-on-demand Companies?
A print-on-demand (or ‘POD’) company provides an entire eCommerce fulfillment solution, including sourcing and storing products, printing products, packaging materials, and shipping them to customers.
In addition to printing and shipping orders, print-on-demand companies provide all other fulfillment services.
All you need to do is create attractive designs and package and sell products online using print-on-demand services.
The majority of print-on-demand companies provide items such as:
- Phone cases
Sometimes, print-on-demand companies offer less conventional print-on-demand merchandise options like:
- Sneakers, boots, and flip flops
- Yoga pants, leggings, joggers, jeans, jackets, and sweatshirts
- Bedsheets, blankets, pillows, and throws
- Watches and jewelry
- Kitchen, garden, and kids’ items
- Headphones and speakers
- Bags and bottles
- Face masks
You can see some print-on-demand product examples from the image below:
How print-on-demand Works?
You can design and sell white-labelled products using print-on-demand companies. You can sell t-shirts, bags, mugs, books, and more using this model.
Upload your pictures, associate your POD provider with your e-commerce website, and you’re set. You can start selling t-shirts, bags, and mugs with just a few clicks.
You don’t have to keep stock since you can sell per order without investing. You can also use these services to handle order fulfillment and shipping.
Types of print-on-demand Companies
There are two common types of print-on-demand companies:
- Print-on-demand services: You may sell products on your website and third-party marketplaces like Etsy via print-on-demand services.
- Print-on-demand marketplaces: These are devoted print-on-demand platforms where you can sell your designs on products alongside other sellers.
We will be focusing on print-on-demand services in this post.
Why? Because when you sell on an eCommerce marketplace, you can’t establish a unique brand, resulting in a challenge for you to distinguish your products from your competitors and expand a sustainable business.
However, selling products via your website can build a loyal customer base and grow your business without limitations.
Why Is print-on-demand Great for eCommerce Businesses?
Starting an online dropshipping business is relatively simple, with print on demand. You don’t need to invest anything at the outset, so there are no setup costs. No inventory needs to be stocked, so there’s considerably less danger.
In some cases, orders don’t need to be processed immediately, making them possible to be fulfilled free of charge. Shipping and order fulfillment can be problematic for a newcomer to online retail.
print-on-demand resolves these issues, allowing you to begin selling immediately. You can earn a passive income without worrying about storage, packing, or shipping as orders come in.
However, print-on-demand is not entirely hands-off. In the crowded marketplace of online retail, there are an endless number of merchants. In other words, marketing requires time, effort, and money.
There are some potential downsides to print-on-demand, however. By not purchasing in bulk, wholesale costs might end up being higher. You would also lose profits by not buying bulk, but your risk would be lower.
There are many other benefits to purchasing in bulk. Packaging and shipping are typically taken care of for you when you buy wholesale, which can deprive you of some of your creativity and control.
As an artist, you can also make money. To create an entire purchasing experience, many POD firms prohibit you from customizing your experience. It’s especially advantageous for companies that want to profit from their brands by providing custom-designed merchandise.
For example, designers can provide their fans with an opportunity to purchase custom-designed items.
Top 10 print-on-demand Companies for 2022
In identifying the best print-on-demand companies, we took into consideration a variety of factors. The most critical factors were pricing plans and features. Here are the 11 best print-on-demand companies in 2022:
Best For: Anyone who wishes to launch an online jewelry shop using the Jewellery POD model
Eric Toz established ShineOn on January 1st, 2016. It has established itself as a platform for those who would like to sell print-on-demand (POD) jewelry despite being relatively young compared to most of its rivals, such as Printful.
ShineOn is undoubtedly one of the POD industry’s least complicated, risk-averse, and welcoming business models.
It is a marketplace that focuses mostly on selling jewelry that has been custom-printed. They assist sellers with product creation, order fulfillment, and shipping, keeping track of sales data, and providing hosting for things to be sold. It only permits sellers to link it with Shopify at this time.
The business owners will therefore have a great chance of success, independent of their prior experience with e-commerce. They will need to excel at Facebook advertising and product development.
- ShineOn examines various jewelry pieces to see which ones have the best chance of succeeding in the market.
- They conduct ongoing research and testing to ensure they are up to date on the most recent trends and that the products they suggest to their sellers will bring in customers.
- 3 days or less for quick manufacture.
- Working mothers make up the majority of the employees at ShineOn.
- They installed a webcam to watch their production plant operate round-the-clock to complete the orders placed by its merchants.
- Custom URLs on a dedicated platform
The price of ShineOn jewelry varies depending on the style, color, and whether inscriptions are added to personalize it. Usually, it applies to the steel or silver versions.
The current lowest baseline price for a product is $9.90.If your consumer chooses the upsell, your order value will be higher. You will have to pay an additional $6.75 for the engraving, but you can charge the consumer up to $15.You can click the “Inventory” tab to get the entire base prices and upsell costs for the products.
Best For: For brand new and veteran entrepreneurs who want a versatile, well-rounded starter kit that can increase with them, this is a good option.
Printful is a famous print-on-demand company. You can use the service’s many tools to turn your ideas into hot-selling items. As a result, you can focus on designing products, marketing, and selling without worrying about printing and shipping logistics.
Printful will handle all of your printing and shipping requirements. You can access 293 items, including t-shirts, tank tops, caps, hoodies, and face masks. You can make them from scratch or upload them from Printful, which has 80 million images available for $1 that you can use.
With the assistance of the mockup generator built into Printful, customisation is straightforward, and the service integrates with all the most popular platforms, including Shopify and Etsy. Products are also typically available for shipping in two to five business days.
- Printful provides a free tool that you can use with Printful to create mockups and product designs.
- Printful integrates with major eCommerce platforms and online marketplaces and offers Printful API.
- Once you receive the order, there are no upfront fees, fulfillment, and shipping costs.
- Because there are no order minimums, you can freely experiment with products and designs until you find the sweet spot.
- You can sell custom-designed products under your brand.
You can print sublimation, embroidery, cut, sewn garments, and direct-to-garment on Printful. Printful charges customers only when they receive an order. The company charges shipping and handling fees after your order.
You can add tear-away tags, inserts, and stickers to your packaging for a branded customer experience for an additional fee.
Best For: Anyone looking for a print-on-demand company that allows you to find a printing partner that ships a particular product from a specific region of the world.
With an extensive network of print-on-demand suppliers worldwide, Printify makes it easy to source the best supplier for fast and economical shipping in your country.
You may, of course, choose to source from a different supplier if you prefer longer or higher-quality shipping times. This company offers more than 300 products that may be printed directly onto clothing.
With Printify, online businesses have a guaranteed method to sell their handcrafted items because Printify handles all the printing, shipping, and other duties. Rather than struggling to build their brand and deal with growing delivery requests, online vendors can now rely on Printify.
- See realistic previews of your designs before uploading them to Printify.
- Shopify, Etsy, and eBay integrations enable you to see how your designs will look in real life.
- You can also use Printify’s APIs to integrate Printify with other sites and build your products.
- Printify’s self-service help center will teach you how to use the platform correctly and resolve common issues.
- Printify offers a 20% discount on all products.
There are three pricing structures offered by Printify: Free, Premium, and Enterprise.
The free program allows merchants to create as many product designs as they want, but there is a limit of five stores per account.
The premium package at $29/month comes with the same benefits as the free program plus a 20% discount on all products and 10 stores per account.
The enterprise package includes unlimited stores per account, a dedicated account manager, and API integration tailored to merchants’ needs.
Best For: SPOD is the place to go for people who are new to print-on-demand and want fast, easy shipping and great prices. Customers can personalize their items, such as a t-shirt with a picture of their dog, using one of the best personalization tools available.
SPOD provides entrepreneurs with backup worldwide. SPODs’ print-on-demand services have been perfected over the years to make them cost-effective, convenient, and reliable.
SPOD has five production and delivery centers in the US, three in Europe, and two in North America. Seven quality brands are currently supported by SPOD so that you may obtain various items.
SPOD’s partnership with Spreadshirt allows it to draw on 20 years of industry knowledge and provide reliable services.
- SPOD offers fast turnaround and delivery through its fast production and simple integration processes.
- It integrates Shopify, Order Desk, WooCommerce, Magento, or the SPOD API to allow quicker delivery times.
- SPOD offers assistance with its help center, which delivers actionable information on how to utilize its services.
- SPOD provides a variety of items, including men’s, women’s, child’s, and baby’s accessories and items.
- The shipping calculator lets you see how much it will cost to ship products to your customers.
There is no charge for using SPOD. You pay once a customer places an order.
Best For: For artists looking to sell custom merchandise.
Redbubble is a print-on-demand company that caters to up-and-coming artists and designers. It operates on its website without linking to other marketplaces or online shops.
You may look elsewhere if you already have an online store or want to sell your goods on several platforms.
Redbubble allows you to create your storefront on the website, which you may tailor to your company’s image. Redbubble has a vast merchandise catalog, including clothes, accessories, household items, and gifts.
Because the marketplace is popular, you will have an easier time attracting your first customers.
You can upload your artwork and select from a variety of products in both the general marketplace and your store. After someone purchases a product with your design, you receive payment and maintain 100% ownership of it.
- You can print on anything ranging from clothing to accessories with Redbubble’s extensive range of printed products.
- There are a lot of free printable images.
- The company uses an impressive 256-bit SSL encryption.
- Redbubble handles return with a single click of a button.
- You can choose between standard and expedited delivery options.
With Redbubble, you determine your profit margins and a base price for each item. It offers free shipping worldwide and a free return policy, guaranteeing customer satisfaction.
You are paid once a month, as long as you have earned at least $20. If you haven’t, your payment continues to the next month.
You can receive your earnings via bank transfer or PayPal if you are based outside the United States, United Kingdom, or Australia.
Best For: CustomCat has one of the largest product catalogs on this list, so it is best for sourcing hard-to-find items.
CustomCat is a print-on-demand company based in the US. This print-on-demand company offers several print methods, including sublimation, direct-to-garment printing, 3D dyes, and sublimation. Orders are ready to ship in about two or three business days with CustomCat.
CustomCat also has an extensive print-on-demand merchandise catalog — so it’s a good choice if you’re looking for unique print-on-demand items.
- Anyone can see that Custom Cat offers among the lowest prices on print-on-demand sites.
- You can find 500 items to print on at Custom Cat’s site, which is way more than the average POD service.
- You can get 24/7 support for any problem, from ordering a product to choosing the correct t-shirt.
- Shopify, WooCommerce, and API are all options for integration. You may also use orders by CSV.
The $30 monthly Shopify app subscription does not include a free trial. The free CustomCat Lite version has the same impressive functions as the paid version, except you’ll have to pay $2 for each catalog item.
Best For: Looking for a quality print-on-demand company with an ethical and eco-friendly supply chain and business practice in Europe.
T-Pop, a print-on-demand firm based in Europe, is committed to the environment by using “zero plastic” packaging and 100% recycled paper packing slips. They take all measures to ensure their supply chain is environmentally responsible.
Stanley/ Stella, the firm’s leading supplier, participates in the Fair Wear Foundation, an organization that promotes labor compliance in producing apparel goods. T-Pop’s on-demand printing services are focused on apparel and accessories.
Everything from the packing slip to the packaging will include your brand when your customers receive their items.
- You can import products from Shopify, WooCommerce, and Etsy into T-Pop with a few clicks.
- You can also get your package and packing slip customized with your logo and social media links for free.
- T-Pop delivers eco-friendly products, prints in an eco-friendly manner, and packages in an eco-friendly way.
- You can see real-time reports on your order status through the T-Pop dashboard.
Every order will cost you money for a product, printing, and shipping expenses.
Best For: Anyone looking for an all-in-one solution, Sellfy is the best choice.
Sellfy is a well-known eCommerce platform in Asia and Europe. Sellfy was initially established to provide digital products but has expanded to print-on-demand POD services.
Traditional POD processes are different from their approach in that they do not solely focus on delivering outcomes. Instead, they want to build an entire business. Digital downloads, physical goods, and subscriptions are available through the platform.
Besides providing print-on-demand services, they also offer the tools you’ll need to set up a beautiful store. You can send product updates to customers by email, create discount codes, and upsell items during checkout.
Sellfy looks after all the product shipping and manufacturing of your POD items. You may also personalize labels, text, graphics, and the color of your stuff. Sellfy’s product creation process includes this service. The various customization alternatives are dependent on the product type.
Sellfy manually re-creates the file during this conversion to create an embroidery pattern based on the correct thread, stitch, and design. Once you’re satisfied with the final design of your product, you may immediately list it on your online shop.
To sell on your Sellfy store, you’re not restricted to using only your Sellfy store. You may embed product links virtually anywhere, including websites you’ve created on other platforms like Squarespace, Wix, WordPress, and more.
- All the functionalities and visuals of an online store are already set up in an instant online store.
- There are no storage limitations; hence users can host as many digital products as they want at their stores.
- There are no transaction fees.
- You can integrate your Sellfy store on your website, social media, blogs, and more.
- It’s simple to use.
Selly has four pricing plans: a free program, starter, business, and premium.
The free plan offers 10 products, physical products, and print-on-demand items.
A $19/month starter plan includes a range of digital products, subscriptions, unlimited product support, and 2,000 email credits.
A $49/month business plan includes upselling, store migration, customizable branding, and cart abandonment.
The $99/month premium plan includes priority support, 50,000 email credits, product migration, and upselling.
Best For: If you are looking for a complete approach to manufacturing high-quality items at affordable prices, Teelaunch is the place to go.
Teelaunch is another dependable print-on-demand provider that functions as an affiliate and allows you to sell print-on-demand merchandise via Shopify and Etsy. What makes it stand out is the proficiency with which they generate print-on-demand tees mockups.
You’ll get professional-looking images for marketing materials and even lifestyle shots for some of their goods. They provide you with photographs of many items, including Bluetooth speakers.
Teelaunch has everything you need to start a print-on-demand company, including a reasonably priced catalog, speedy delivery, and responsive customer help.
- Customers may personalize products through Teelaunch’s tool by adding their name or uploading a photo.
- Teelaunch also offers high-quality professional product mockups, including lifestyle photos for some items.
- It offers a responsive customer support team.
- Customers can pick from various printing options, including direct-to-garment, cut-and-sew, all-over print, and laser etching.
You can download the app for free in the Shopify app store. You pay for what you or your customers order, so there’s no cost. You can profit from the difference between retail and wholesale pricing since you have control over the pricing.
When shipping, be sure to keep an eye on the expense. International shipments may not be as cost-effective as you would like.
Best For: If you are looking for the best customer loyalty program, Gooten is the place to go.
Gooten has optimized its supply chain process to help brands take advantage of print-on-demand manufacturing. Gooten helps businesses scale up and grow by enabling them to print-on-demand.
VIM loyalty programs are offered to clients who want to stick with the company as it grows larger. You’ll see everything you need to succeed with Gooten, including powerful integrations and a considerable product offering.
Gooten’s API and integration options are more complex than many print-on-demand companies. This makes it very developer-friendly and gives a lot of flexibility.
- Gooten’s support center will educate you on how to use the platform’s capabilities to grow your business and integrate it with other shop platforms.
- You can also import your products to Shopify, WooCommerce, Etsy, and the Gooten API and test various products in your market.
- Because items are delivered to customers four days after purchase, you can expect delivery times to be noticeably faster.
- The Gooten VIM service is critical to help you get the most out of your enterprise.
Gooten is free of charge to use. You will be charged only for the product and shipping expenses. To receive Gooten VIM services, contact the sales department.
Best For: If you are looking for high-quality products, Apliiq is the one for you.
Apliiq believes that print-on-demand services can deliver superior apparel quality. The company provides a wide range of high-quality apparel products.
Fashion-forward base garments, liner hoodies, and over-pocket tees are a few examples of what you’ll find in the Apliiq catalog.
Apart from its private-label subscription service, Apliiq also offers a private-label program tailored exclusively to businesses that only want to sell their branding.
You can check the company’s shipping policy to see if your items will be competitive in the market. Apliiq uses the best industrial direct-to-garment printers to ensure the highest quality of its prints.
- Apliiq does embroidery on fleece items such as caps, hats, and t-shirts, as well as private label service.
- You can rebrand your items with your company’s tags after they are printed.
- The site immediately provides quotes for items that you select.
- You can get bulk discounts and guaranteed delivery dates using a progression bulk discount model.
Apliiq is free of charge to use. You can check the costs for printing and shipping an item on the Apliiq website without charge. Customers must contact the sales department if they want the private label or guaranteed delivery.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Print-on-Demand Company
The print-on-demand company you choose will significantly impact your business success. As such, you must select the right one. Here are five key factors to consider:
1. Quality Products
It is vital to select a few of your favorite print-on-demand companies and then order a few trial samples to evaluate the quality of the items. In this way, you can determine the quality of the products directly. You should also check whether the ink rubs off easily.
It would help if you also investigated all the products currently on sale. You never know whether you’ll want to sell more products in the future, so look at the available products.
2. Pricing Plans and Flexibility
In our brief reviews, you can see that most print-on-demand companies have one thing in common. The price plans that most of them offer are the same. Aside from Printify, the print-on-demand companies that have both upfront costs and product costs are few.
What should you be looking for? A print-on-demand company that has flexible pricing plans is an excellent start.
To assess whether a firm is suitable for you, look for transparent shipping and pricing practices. For example, if you can get a discount on batch orders, you can make a substantial profit. It would help if you also looked for flat shipping rates.
Regarding flexibility, the most versatile option is to select a company that integrates with the most applications.
Unless you have the funds to build your website and utilize APIs to sell unique merchandise, it should be simple to import items.
3. Fast Shipping Times
Consumers now demand rapid delivery times when shopping online, thanks to services like Amazon Prime. So, it’ll be hard to establish a good brand reputation and keep customers happy if delivery takes a long time or products arrive late.
To avoid this problem, you must select a print-on-demand company with an average delivery time. The ideal delivery time for customers is between one and two weeks.
We’ve listed the top 10 print-on-demand companies above. But not all of them have manufacturing facilities in the same countries. Their locations significantly affect the delivery dates of print-on-demand companies that operate in countries with similar manufacturing capacities.
Therefore, you should check whether your preferred firm has a center close to your target market. Additionally, you must check how many work capacities the printing company can handle during busy seasons.
4. Range of products on offer
The number of goods you offer is a significant factor when starting an eCommerce business. The flexibility provided by offering a wide range of goods is also an advantage. Even if you’re a beginner, a comprehensive product line has more opportunities than a limited one.
If a wide variety of products is available, you may be able to determine which items perform best sales-wise.
You may also offer seasonal sales, bundle sales, and provide product recommendations to boost sales. You may also feature niche items in your business.
As your business grows, your customers will likewise appreciate the value of having a range of goods. The goods must be of high quality, as mentioned above.
5. Reliable Customer Service
The three-party print-on-demand supply chain doesn’t require a lot of complexity, but it still incorporates your customer and a print-on-demand company. There’s no question that one of these parties might encounter difficulties at some point.
How quickly you can address them may be the difference between success and failure.
The print-on-demand company must be able to deal with inquiries promptly. You may try contacting the company’s customer service department directly to test how quickly they respond.
You may also benefit from a self-service help center, which allows you to fix common problems independently.
The most vital aspect of print-on-demand is that it provides a low-risk method of marketing custom goods. When choosing a print-on-demand company, ensuring that the products they offer and how they operate to match your goals is essential.
The print-on-demand companies look confusing at first, especially if you want to sell t-shirts and apparel. Once you have determined what you wish, their catalog, pricing, and special features can help you make a decision.
Hopefully, this guide covers all the information you need to choose the best print-on-demand company for you.